Sign in to follow this  
NacMan

Car logisitcs company

Any know of any cheap logistics delivery company need picking up from BCA Blackbushe to Manchester, BCA charging 277 pissed!

If something happens to the vehicle are the logistics company  insured e.g. scratch or scuff? or worst case scenario crashed

Thanks

Transport seems expensive till you run your own lorry, I don’t actually know how it’s profitable for these companies when a transporter trailer new is £100k+ then the cost of the actual truck which can be upwards of 70k plus fuel, wages, 6 weekly inspections etc:blink:

Our trucks cost about 4k a year in maintenance alone and they don’t do a huge mileage :huh: 

I think the price you are quoted is reasonable 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tradex said:

What were you expecting to payB)

They said 140 driven which isn't bad but the car has no MOT, I was thinking it should be same price or cheaper on a transporter

1 minute ago, MarkTVS said:

Transport seems expensive till you run your own lorry, I don’t actually know how it’s profitable for these companies when a transporter trailer new is £100k+ then the cost of the actual truck which can be upwards of 70k plus fuel, wages, 6 weekly inspections etc:blink:

Our trucks cost about 4k a year in maintenance alone and they don’t do a huge mileage :huh: 

Answers my previous post lol. Im thinking of just going down myself but 4hours is a long journey!!!

Last time I got a vehicle delivered was 180 different prices all the bloody time

My guess is the £180 quote was for a return journey for a wagon that was already near the pick-up location.

Regarding you choosing a driven service in the past I wouldn’t because them boys will get it to you come hell or high water - they’ll drive them until the car is dead.

Edited by BHM

9 hours ago, NacMan said:

I was thinking it should be same price or cheaper on a transporter

Not a chance (unless part of a larger load)

9 hours ago, NacMan said:

Im thinking of just going down myself but 4hours is a long journey!!!

Lol, that's why it isn't cheap (8 hour round trip).

Truck + driver + fuel + loading at Blackbushe.

I think £277 will be the best money you've spent mate.

9 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

I often have this conversation with the lads from your neck of the woods, Nelson Transport.  Not that I'm complaining, but £150 plus VAT for Kinross to N Wales seems good value to me. Also, had some containers dropped off recently and their new wagon with hiab saw little change from £250k:o

Anyway, got to love these types of threads, it's not irony but can't think of the word I'm looking for.

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Anyway, got to love these types of threads, it's not irony but can't think of the word I'm looking for.

Irony’s the word bearing in mind our whinging about punters whinging about £. 

Sometimes we’re just like a Billy Bunter looking for a car - price led. Cheap!!! Best/last price! How much for cash? Little mention here of service levels :lol:

4 minutes ago, BHM said:

Irony’s the word bearing in mind our whinging about punters whinging about £. 

Sometimes we’re just like a Billy Bunter looking for a car - price led. Cheap!!! Best/last price! How much for cash? Little mention here of service levels :lol:

Indeed. I'll see your irony and raise you with a huge amount of hypocrisy :D

14 hours ago, NacMan said:

Any know of any cheap logistics delivery company need picking up from BCA Blackbushe to Manchester, BCA charging 277 pissed!

If something happens to the vehicle are the logistics company  insured e.g. scratch or scuff? or worst case scenario crashed

Thanks

They all have insurance so accidents wilL be covered.  

Damage is something else, the auctions won’t sign collection paperwork and the driver can just add any marks on so you are taking a risk there. 

I am just going to get it delivered by BCA as its a trek 8 hours for me! done it before its torture, they said it might be cheaper Monday.

7 minutes ago, NacMan said:

I am just going to get it delivered by BCA as its a trek 8 hours for me! done it before its torture, they said it might be cheaper Monday.

The price isn't the issue with BCA deliveries, it is the timescale. Waited 3 weeks once.

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

The price isn't the issue with BCA deliveries, it is the timescale. Waited 3 weeks once.

Max is 5 days, 3-5 days they told me...

On 11/1/2019 at 10:21 PM, MarkTVS said:

Transport never fails to amaze me even though it's the industry I come from. I know owner drivers with £100k 6 leg tractor units, pulling at 44t for 10 hours or 400km (whichever comes first( for £450 - and that's a 'sensible' rate. It only takes a breakdown or blowout to wipe out their entire week or months profit even though they could be working 80-odd hours a week. Last I heard, some of the container work was paying £1.30 a mile.