Grantlfc81

BCA delivery costs

Does anyone have a rough idea of delivery costs.

for example BCA Nottingham to Essex.  

We are going to be hitting the online auctions tomorrow as we are being heavily out gunned down here in Chelmsford, Colchester, Enfield etc.

Hi Grant,

last time I used BCA earlier this year I was charged £210 plus VAT for 180 miles, that was transported not driven.

I use a local transport company now as they are better priced and more flexible 

Edited by SouthernTrader

5 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Does anyone have a rough idea of delivery costs.

for example BCA Nottingham to Essex.  

We are going to be hitting the online auctions tomorrow as we are being heavily out gunned down here in Chelmsford, Colchester, Enfield etc.

Have found them a little bit and miss for single units so we end up using Movex but if you buy a few (5+) the transported rate can work out more cost effective.

I use them all the time, i normally buy 5 to 10 units at a time, about 30 miles they charge us £40 for 5 to 7 units and £35 for 8 or more. (Transported) Odd occasion buy online a single car about 80 to 100 miles that's about £100 driven.

....... find its easier to deal with one company for the purchase and delivery. You might save a few quid by going through Movex but it's more work for you. You could be doing something else  instead.

Blackbushe to Essex been quotes £160 plus vat transporter. £88 driven, I’m not sure I want it driven that far if it’s not mechanically sound?

3 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Blackbushe to Essex been quotes £160 plus vat transporter. £88 driven, I’m not sure I want it driven that far if it’s not mechanically sound?

Think they only drive cars under x years old and transport cars over that age. I cannot remember the exact age.

13 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Think they only drive cars under x years old and transport cars over that age. I cannot remember the exact age.

If I remember right they will drive the car if it's under 10 years old or older than 10 years you have to sign a form if the car breaks down on the way down to you it's your responsibility to get it recovered. They also look at the condition of the car I.e tyres etc.

To be driven the car needs to have a valid Mot and no safety issues on the assured report. 

If one single tyre measurement says 1mm or if the brake pad warning is on they will not drive it. 

Edited by Nick M.K.

Bought one to me last week with NO MOT on it , the driver had no idea , :huh:

On 10/6/2019 at 9:54 PM, Grantlfc81 said:

Good luck with Nottingham :lol:

13 hours ago, trader555 said:

The thought of someone driving the car gives me nightmares, always get them transported.

Had 2 Van's delivered today about 50 miles. They were driven, no problem. (Not BCA)

Went to blackbushe today to collect.... that is a big big site.... had to get a mini bus on a 5 minute drive to get my car lmao

23 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Went to blackbushe today to collect.... that is a big big site.... had to get a mini bus on a 5 minute drive to get my car lmao

How long was the wait from getting the paperwork to getting out of the car at the border checkpoint?

Bought car Monday online.... why is there an online buying fee.... that’s actually a joke... paid this morning. Was in and out in 45 mins.

• Haha 1