SC Derby

Reducing Vehicles

If you reduce a vehicle, do you actively include the fact you have reduced it in your adverts i.e. 'Sale - reduced £XXX' or do you re picture etc and pretend it was never at a higher price in the first place?

Do customers clamour to buy a reduced vehicle thinking it's a saving or do they get suspicious/nervous?

Same as you Jim but sometimes I also include it as being for 1 week only WAS £xxxx NOW only £xxx and include an end time in the main advert to create the urgency.

I used a mixture - if a car has had limited enquiries but plenty of internet views I get it re-photographed just to freshen up the add. Sometimes I advertise a car at a lower price for a limited time - works quite well on social media. I also just reduce cars and don't include the fact its been reduced.

I play with my prices all the time, up and down and often I'll put a car up in price and it generates calls wanting to know why its gone up in price - obviously I then tell them if they are interested I'll honour the lower price.

• Like 1

I do the same as Jim, was & now, tend to be able to stick to the reduced price rather than take another drop on it. Subconciously  people tend to not try to chip you down anymore.