Sign in to follow this  
arashtrip

VTL301 Form

Hi,

I want to apply for my first trade plates and I have some questions about VTL301 form. Sorry if they are too basic and silly!

1-I want to apply as a sole trader (not a limited company). is it possible?

2-It asks about the type of business. I want to buy and sell new and used cars and so I am a Motor Trader and also a Dealer. Which options should I choose?

3-It asks how will I be using it. I will use it to move the bought cars and demonstrate them to the purchasers. Should I just write that?

Thanks

Edited by arashtrip

10 minutes ago, arashtrip said:

Hi,

I want to apply for my first trade plates and I have some questions about VTL301 form. Sorry if they are too basic and silly!

1-I want to apply as a sole trader (not a limited company). is it possible?___________ sole trader is fine

2-It asks about the type of business. I want to buy and sell new and used cars and so I am a Motor Trader and also a Dealer. Which options should I choose?___________motor trader ie you are not a repairing garage

3-It asks how will I be using it. I will use it to move the bought cars and demonstrate them to the purchasers. Should I just write that?........................for the business of moving cars in the motor trade

Thanks

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arashtrip said:

Hi,

1-I want to apply as a sole trader (not a limited company). is it possible?

2-It asks about the type of business. I want to buy and sell new and used cars and so I am a Motor Trader and also a Dealer. Which options should I choose?

3-It asks how will I be using it. I will use it to move the bought cars and demonstrate them to the purchasers. Should I just write that?

Thanks

1- Yes you can

2 - If you starting out how are you going to be selling new cars ??? I think i answered motor trader.

3 - Yes i said about travelling for mots and servicing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

thank you very much. so no need to mention the demonstration to the purchasers?

2 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

1- Yes you can

2 - If you starting out how are you going to be selling new cars ??? I think i answered motor trader.

3 - Yes i said about travelling for mots and servicing.

thanks about part 2 you are right. It was a typo.

On 8/12/2019 at 11:27 PM, Mojo121 said:

Give up now. You’re not sharp enough kid.

Actually it is very common that there are misleading points in the government forms and no one asked for your advice about my sharpness. So please mind your own business Mr. Smart!

One reason I became interested in this industry was the number of stupid car dealers whom I dealt with!!!! 

• Haha 3