JA Trader

Can you Tax a car in trade.

On 04/08/2019 at 4:39 PM, TangoVictor32 said:

Yes exactly.

No one has the time to look through why a car doesnt have a registered keeper. A registered keeper doesnt mean he's the owner...

Tax it. Mot it. And insure it.

Then drive it.

Traffic cops are focused on driving offences and road legal cars. They dont have time for tax or keepers. They're like the lowest offences of the lot.

Get pulled just mention the vehicle was just bought and / or its in the trade.

Road wars etc are 10+ years old when there was traffic cops. The whole policing priorities have since then changed.

Well, I think cops are mostly focused on MOT/insurance/drunk driving and speeding? With towing/trailering coming up on the outside. Driving a car not showing current keeper is asking to be pulled over, because cops know one thing leads to another? This is just my personal experience living in London, but I'm guessing if you are in the highlands of Scotland or rural Oxfordshire you can get away with murder?

On 04/08/2019 at 4:39 PM, TangoVictor32 said:

Yes exactly.

No one has the time to look through why a car doesnt have a registered keeper. A registered keeper doesnt mean he's the owner...

Tax it. Mot it. And insure it.

Then drive it.

Traffic cops are focused on driving offences and road legal cars. They dont have time for tax or keepers. They're like the lowest offences of the lot.

Get pulled just mention the vehicle was just bought and / or its in the trade.

Road wars etc are 10+ years old when there was traffic cops. The whole policing priorities have since then changed.

9 minutes ago, met said:

Well, I think cops are mostly focused on MOT/insurance/drunk driving and speeding? With towing/trailering coming up on the outside. Driving a car not showing current keeper is asking to be pulled over, because cops know one thing leads to another? This is just my personal experience living in London, but I'm guessing if you are in the highlands of Scotland or rural Oxfordshire you can get away with murder?

I do in a way agree with you both As I and Met mentioned you could be stopped if it's flags as no registered keeper .

Tango I agree if you explained the situation I think you would be ok I really only mentioned it cause some people may not have heard of it a car being stopped cause it was showing no registered keeper though I do admit Its probably Rare .

On previous occasions have  taxed my own sales cars that have been in the trade and would again if I didn't own a personal daily driver .

Edited by Casper

Just now, Casper said:

I do in a way agree with you both As I and Met mentioned you could be stopped if it's flags as no registered keeper and Tango I agree if you explained the situation I think you would be ok I really only mentioned it cause some people may not have heard of it a car being stopped cause it was showing no registered keeper though I'd do admit Its probably Rare .

I don't think you'll go to prison for no current keeper, but I would rather be squeaky clean. Don't want the hassle or inconvenience.

Just my opinion, others may disagree

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, met said:

I don't think you'll go to prison for no current keeper, but I would rather be squeaky clean. Don't want the hassle or inconvenience.

Just my opinion, others may disagree

Your always entitled to your opinions Met . And agree with you .and hope your well 

was always brought up to listen to advice views or opinions and have learned a lot 

I have done it before with the tax but find it easier just to keep an old smoker as personal transport 

Edited by Casper

12 hours ago, met said:

Not always. If you look ragged and rough gangster type presumably yes.

But you sell cars on a daily basis. You can count how many punters could get pulled over for not having a keeper. Because they bought it off you from the last 7 days and there's that change at dvla and even they say 6 weeks.

Plus the updating of computer systems for relevent agencies. 

12 hours ago, Casper said:

I do in a way agree with you both As I and Met mentioned you could be stopped if it's flags as no registered keeper .

Tango I agree if you explained the situation I think you would be ok I really only mentioned it cause some people may not have heard of it a car being stopped cause it was showing no registered keeper though I do admit Its probably Rare .

On previous occasions have  taxed my own sales cars that have been in the trade and would again if I didn't own a personal daily driver .

Yes its an excuse to pull you over if you get pc jobsworth. If you're in London then no but if you're up north somewhere quiet then pc too much time on his hands may bug you.

It only gets worse if you start gobbing off "why you pull me rah rah rah"

Mind you am on a challenge for an estate under £300 or £400 tops Because i got a property to renovate and try some plastering! We all need a banger

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Not always. If you look ragged and rough gangster type presumably yes.

I've been pulled up twice for showing no current keeper. I am not a gangsta. In fact the last time I was on my way home from my daughters birthday party with wife and 3 young kids in the back? The car was 4yrs old and clean as a whistle. I was thinking 'quotas'? Who knows.

On 06/08/2019 at 1:48 PM, met said:

I've been pulled up twice for showing no current keeper. I am not a gangsta. In fact the last time I was on my way home from my daughters birthday party with wife and 3 young kids in the back? The car was 4yrs old and clean as a whistle. I was thinking 'quotas'? Who knows.

Where was this?

4 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Where was this?

Chigwell High road?

12 hours ago, tradex said:

Wife got tugged on the A-12 near Chelmsford for same reason last year or year before, my memory fails me. 

Thinking about it, she was tugged few years back near Billericay too, that may have been A-12 too?

Now, anything we drive goes into our names. Less messy in an no fault accident possibly, cure a new thread coming?

Couple of years back i had a 'no current keeper' pull in Kent just outside of Sandwich. So don't blame Essex!:D

Always done this with no problems, taxing a car off the green slip.

However if your insurance requires that personal use of cars means that cars have to be in your name, then if something happens, you might not be covered.

So to all those that have been pulled for 'no keeper' was there any consequences?

Just asking for a friend;)