Sign in to follow this  
Steve92

Blooming post office

We have an Audi TT which has gone through a plate retention, the plate we picked the car up with has been transferred to one of the TT owners family members and they sent the new v5 off to us with an age related plate. That was 10 days ago, we have since sold the TT and the owner wants it next week. They are local so we can deliver it on trade plates but we will have to remove the old private plate. 

Given the V5 might be lost in the post can we simply fill out a V62, pay the £25 fee and then either tax or sorn the car in the new owners name ? Luckily they intend to keep the car off the road for a few months put we still want to get it in their name.

thanks

Yep I think you can, I purchased a car from auction with a private plate on but with V5 to follow. After a few weeks of ringing the auction chasing the V5 I popped into the post office filled a V5 application out with them, paid my £25 and with in a week I had the V5 back.

The only problem was around 3 months after selling the car I had a irate bloke on the phone wanting to know what I'd done with his private plate? Apparently he'd been told by the salesman at Motorline who in px'd the car into to just keep hold of the V5 until he was ready to put it onto his new car!!

Edited by James Bush

Asked at our local post office yesterday and if you can provide the previous owners postcode and it matches what's on the DVLA system they would tax it at the same time. If you look at the bottom of the latest V62 theres a space for previous postcode and that's what its therefore apparently?

• Like 1

Cheers James, we can certainly do that as we have the old v5 with the cherished plate on it. Looks like I'm off to the post office on Tuesday :)

2 hours ago, JohnPease said:

The cardinal magazine is produced and published for the general awareness of the citizens about different topics and sources of good life. The range of the connote the magazine is tested and online assignment help australia is measured for the provision of the goals. The cardinal magazine is held fast for the intensity of the reforms for the humans. This magazine is uplifted on all ambits and regions of the world. The range is divided for the quick successive items for the candidates. The magazine is realistic for the options for the humans. Often the sizable crowd of the people is involved in the production of the magazine.

John. F**k Off.

25 minutes ago, MattR said:

John. F**k Off.

:lol::lol::lol: