Sign in to follow this  
friar

Are Used Car Prices About To Collapse ?

On 20/06/2019 at 9:46 PM, Mojo121 said:

Grant, your X3 has the wrong price on it mate, assume it feeds to AT so don't want you to miss a sale.

Great looking cars btw.

He’s after the finance comms lol

On 17/06/2019 at 9:24 PM, friar said:

Two or three used car dealers I know not buying because business quiet!

There's enough bad news about to warrant this.

What's your thoughts?

I can't see it happening like it did 10 years ago where we still had big volumes going through the hall, simply because I've never seen the demand for used cars in the hall like we are seeing now.

Unless the likes of Next Gear or Partner Finance stop playing ball then I'm not seeing anything (even brexit) that can slow things down that much. Clearly those clever City types (cough, cough) think so too with BCA about to go under the hammer.

On 20/06/2019 at 9:46 PM, Mojo121 said:

Grant, your X3 has the wrong price on it mate

At £499,500 it does seem a tad overpriced but you don't ask, you don't get I suppose. Now if that was my website I would put a SOLD banner on that. 

22 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

At £499,500 it does seem a tad overpriced but you don't ask, you don't get I suppose. Now if that was my website I would put a SOLD banner on that. 

Autotraders best price markers have probably shot up off the back of that 

4 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Autotraders best price markers have probably shot up off the back of that 

Didn't think of that. Well played Grant :-)

8 hours ago, sparky said:

I can't see it happening like it did 10 years ago where we still had big volumes going through the hall, simply because I've never seen the demand for used cars in the hall like we are seeing now.

Unless the likes of Next Gear or Partner Finance stop playing ball then I'm not seeing anything (even brexit) that can slow things down that much. Clearly those clever City types (cough, cough) think so too with BCA about to go under the hammer.

Interesting, if BCA about to be floated then I’ll bet that the business profits have been maximised in advance to get top dollar. Best time to buy flotation is after 12 months when the real profit numbers come in. 

On 20/06/2019 at 9:32 PM, twerp said:

Remind me. You're the fella who scoured Facebook marketplace and used in to take photos in a car park  ?

Progress ! 

Yes we still buy from market place and eBay, I don’t really think it matters where you buy them from as long as they are desirable. 

We bought 3 more tonight but wow was it expensive at Aston Barclay compared to last week.

and thanks for the price update, on the x3 lol, actually sold that today on finance today. Unfortunately not at half a million quid lol

• Like 2