Sign in to follow this  
Scrawf

Made my own web site today

As I am just starting out I don't want to spend a lot on a website initially.  Everyone I spoke to wanted to charge me between £400 and £50,000 for a website!  So I thought bugger it and made my own!  As I am only going to have a few cars for sale initially the admin should be manageable and as I grow I can add additional pages for each vehicle I have for sale.  Eventually I hope I can get a professional site created but for now I think this will do the trick!  Only took me an afternoon.  Did it in Wix.  Have a look and see what you think.  I would welcome your feed back and comments for improvements and additions!

www.sundexautomotive.co.uk

Many thanks!

Scrawf

Edited by Scrawf

considering you have knocked this up yourself it looks really impressive. I only have a few cars for sale at a time so dont want to spend big for a website. Might just have a go myself. 

The video presentation was very good , either you are a natural or you have been watching a lot of videos on here!

You have done well and great voice over.....can you do ours please as we are hopeless.

Great voice ! Definitely can be tv presenter. 

9 hours ago, Scrawf said:

As I am just starting out I don't want to spend a lot on a website initially.  Everyone I spoke to wanted to charge me between £400 and £50,000 for a website!  So I thought bugger it and made my own!  As I am only going to have a few cars for sale initially the admin should be manageable and as I grow I can add additional pages for each vehicle I have for sale.  Eventually I hope I can get a professional site created but for now I think this will do the trick!  Only took me an afternoon.  Did it in Wix.  Have a look and see what you think.  I would welcome your feed back and comments for improvements and additions!

www.sundexautomotive.co.uk

Many thanks!

Scrawf

Impressive! Done it yourself. How much it costs?

Agreed, I think that's a bloody good effort :)

I have seen far worse done by so called "Professionals", I actually quite like yours, and I don't do Garage / Car Dealer websites since i had one many years ago for the Auto Gearbox firm ;)

Edited by Dave2302

14 hours ago, DPF said:

Great voice ! Definitely can be tv presenter. 

Impressive! Done it yourself. How much it costs?

Well not that much really.  An afternoon and £120 for the year with Wix.  It was actually fairy easy.  Wix editor is simple to use. You don’t have to code anything and it’s quite intuitive.

Scrawf

11 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Agreed, I think that's a bloody good effort :)

I have seen far worse done by so called "Professionals", I actually quite like yours, and I don't do Garage / Car Dealer websites since i had one many years ago for the Auto Gearbox firm ;)

Thanks very much!   Did the boring stuff today.  Privacy policy, Trading terms and conditions and Website policy.  Glad they are done.  I can now focus on developing the site for mor cars.

Scrawf

Not bad at all, and certainly plenty good enough for this stage of your business!

Looks good! Can you do mine? Haha. Crikey, you did a privacy policy...I'd never even thought to do that...:/