Sign in to follow this  
Max Branning

99 or 95 or 00

So when pricing your cars do you go for the good old 95 price ie £2995 or maybe you choose the good old 99 ie 2999

I am seeing more dealers now not bothering with the good old prices and just rounding it up to 3000 as this can be more web efficient.

How do you price yours and why?

Forecourt all ends with i.e £14999 .. on website like autotrader / motors /rac etc £15000 - when customers are searching on the website's it falls into 2 categories so if someone is doing £12000-£15000  or £15000 -£17000 - ! :) .. its strange because when customers come in most when chatting will say £15000 when its £14999 and the invoice will say £15000 anyway ! :) 

I actually use 50 and found I get more response from it than 95. A few dealers round here use 90. 

im a 99 man but got to say the 50 is a good idea because i get sick of reading like odd figures in autotrader so they bump their cars up a page to appeal to the lazy customers who want to pay x and travel within a taxi ride

I've always used 95. It's a good psychology technique as it subconsciously appears a lot less than the nearest 00 and will show higher up the page than the good old 99 adverts. This is for prices that a closer to the higher thousand than the lower i.e £x795, £x995. For prices that are closer to the lower thousand I use 50 as it feels more like a whole number and i think people are less inclined to just try and knock the whole lot off in their mind