Tony911

Bank transfer problem

Wouldn't let a car go by transfer until I can see money in my account..... trust no fooker 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

Wouldn't let a car go by transfer until I can see money in my account..... trust no fooker 

I understand this but when most customers pay via transfer and they show us it has been sent we are more than happy as 90% of customers have travelled quite a distance and are genuine just like this customer, gut instinct told me this was not a con artist and I ran with that instinct. If it was some scroungy git off an estate with his baseball cap on then I would think twice. Thanks for all the advice once again very much appreciated

13 hours ago, Tony911 said:

I understand this but when most customers pay via transfer and they show us it has been sent we are more than happy as 90% of customers have travelled quite a distance and are genuine just like this customer, gut instinct told me this was not a con artist and I ran with that instinct. If it was some scroungy git off an estate with his baseball cap on then I would think twice. Thanks for all the advice once again very much appreciated

Glad it was all ok for you on the end , you said he had his phone on loudspeaker and you could hear the conversation with bank , could of been any one on the other end of phone , that's how they suck you in .

27 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

Glad it was all ok for you on the end , you said he had his phone on loudspeaker and you could hear the conversation with bank , could of been any one on the other end of phone , that's how they suck you in .

Yes but it wasn't just a call to a friend, had to go through security checks and also rang the number off back of his bank card. Lesson learned make sure natwest payments clear no matter what 

Usually takes minutes, but with HSBC it it's over the weekend, it's a nightmare.

Also had one girl transfer from Natwest to Lloyds over the phone. All security ok but the money wouldn't come through. She rang again, spoke to 2 advisors, passed security again, and turns out they've had a lot of people held at knifepoint to make payments, so the advisor had to ask her 3 times to confirm she was willingly making payment.

One payment from HSBC we found out the following day that it was stopped in case of fraud (even though it was made over the phone)