Sign in to follow this  
MrV

Skoda octavia EGR/Glow plug fault

D'ya know what, Mercedes do Rebuilt EGR's as well as lots of other lumpy price parts, I fit a lot of EGR's on newer Sprinters, they are same warranty as new, and less than the decent aftermarket price .............

Just doing an Air Suspension Compressor on a 10 plate E Class Estate, MB Rebuilt Unit is cheaper than an Arnott lol ;) 

Take these MB Rebuilds out of the box and you can see no difference to Brand New, and I've not had one fail yet .............

Oooops, now I've gone and tempted fate lol

Strange things are happening..... Today (so far) no glow plug light or limp mode??!! I've got a buyer for it too, going to take it for a real run later see what happens, any idea why it's intermittent? 

1 hour ago, MrV said:

Strange things are happening..... Today (so far) no glow plug light or limp mode??!! I've got a buyer for it too, going to take it for a real run later see what happens, any idea why it's intermittent? 

Benji, get the recall before done before the customer gets it.

Don't listen and you will have to get an EGR valve and cooler fitted later at your cost.

Its intermittent at the moment, but hear me now, it will become permanent.

17 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Thanks, got another one coming back in next week for it and in the past we've been at £600-£650 all in. Didn't realise Euros were doing them for £225+...might take a couple of deliveries to get the right part but that's a good saving.

Yes, I have to negotiate a little to get it down. :D

3 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

D'ya know what, Mercedes do Rebuilt EGR's as well as lots of other lumpy price parts, I fit a lot of EGR's on newer Sprinters, they are same warranty as new, and less than the decent aftermarket price .............

Just doing an Air Suspension Compressor on a 10 plate E Class Estate, MB Rebuilt Unit is cheaper than an Arnott lol ;) 

Take these MB Rebuilds out of the box and you can see no difference to Brand New, and I've not had one fail yet .............

Oooops, now I've gone and tempted fate lol

I have no problem with reman EGR on anything else apart from on these animals. They are fiddly.

2 hours ago, Stalker said:

Benji, get the recall before done before the customer gets it.

Don't listen and you will have to get an EGR valve and cooler fitted later at your cost.

Its intermittent at the moment, but hear me now, it will become permanent.

Yes, I have to negotiate a little to get it down. :D

I have no problem with reman EGR on anything else apart from on these animals. They are fiddly.

Well now I have learned something ....................

Are you saying VAG actually do sell VAG reman parts ??

Perhaps I need to educate my local (Inverness) VAG parts dept with a large Baseball Bat :lol:

Seems like the faults gone so ill book into Skoda ASAP, just done 60 miles in it and no issues at all 

Several years ago had a Skoda Octavia that glow plug was flashing and it turned out to be a brake bulb that was faulty. Anybody else ever experienced this if I remember it was a 2006 saloon 1.9tdi

10 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Several years ago had a Skoda Octavia that glow plug was flashing and it turned out to be a brake bulb that was faulty. Anybody else ever experienced this if I remember it was a 2006 saloon 1.9tdi

Yes, I think just about every VAG of that vintage did it.