Sign in to follow this  
Phil H

Baggott: Why a lost parrot made me think of the farce of pre-registered vehicles

James I couldn't agree more about the farce of pre reg, who do the manufacturers think they are kidding with these inflated numbers and then putting pressure on the franchises to take these vehicles in large numbers, alright they do come with some benefits, free stocking time etc but surely if they are being forced on the dealers these pre reg units should count towards their new car target. IMHO these pre reg are due to both desperation and greed on their behalf after all if sales are rising then so will the brand executives bonuses but the dealers bonus falls for not hitting target, that's the greed element, and the desperation is caused by them not wanting to admit that sales have fallen on their watch when we're coming out of recession and can't blame declining sales on that any more. Have the manufacturers not learn't anything from the arrogance of the bankers in the banking crisis? 

For years people have got rich on the back of us dealers getting dictated too by the bigger powers causing us all to fight each other to survive, there's enough of the pie for everyone and surely it would be a lot easier if we all worked together. 

Fact of life in the motor trade The manufacturers need the franchised dealers, who in turn need the small independents and we all need customers and stock. 

Hoiking this back to the top as I just read in an article in the independent about the Renault HQ raids, the following paragraph:

>Shares in Fiat Chrysler, meanwhile, were down nearly 8 per cent in afternoon trading in New York as it emerged that the Italian-American carmaker is facing a Chicago lawsuit alleging that it tried to pay dealers to inflate sales figures. Fiat said that the claims were “without merit” and it would defend itself vigorously.<

Does that mean pre-regging (that well-known verb) is illegal over the pond? Bring it on!

Hoiking this back to the top as I just read in an article in the independent about the Renault HQ raids, the following paragraph:

>Shares in Fiat Chrysler, meanwhile, were down nearly 8 per cent in afternoon trading in New York as it emerged that the Italian-American carmaker is facing a Chicago lawsuit alleging that it tried to pay dealers to inflate sales figures. Fiat said that the claims were “without merit” and it would defend itself vigorously.<

Does that mean pre-regging (that well-known verb) is illegal over the pond? Bring it on!

it was caused by a fiat dealer moaning i believe