Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Manheim Wimbledon

I can't seem to get any catalogues for next week on the website, is it just me? I'm always the last to know these things, so I'm hoping they've not shut the branch.

7 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It says 669 cars found for Wimbledon but no cars listed MET... Unusual.....

Hmmmm? When you go into 'catalogues and events' they are not in the list?

Edited by met

1 minute ago, met said:

Hmmmm? When you go into 'catalogues and events' they are not in the list?

Maybe their system has gone down, some kind of computer glitch...

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

Maybe their system has gone down, some kind of computer glitch...

Hope so, I know there were whispers about some Manheim 'restructuring' ages ago. I always thought it would be Northampton as they're heaps of auctions up in the midlands area already?

9 minutes ago, met said:

Hope so, I know there were whispers about some Manheim 'restructuring' ages ago. I always thought it would be Northampton as they're heaps of auctions up in the midlands area already?

I buy a few out of Wimbledon BIN, always had a good car well described car.....

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

I buy a few out of Wimbledon BIN, always had a good car well described car.....

I was only watching online yesterday! And yes, helpful staff, dead easy for me to jump the tube and drive back. Be a shame if they've closed. But one things for sure, BCA Paddock wood and Blackbushe will get a whole lot busier! I knew guys that came up from the south coast to attend Wimbledon!

10 minutes ago, met said:

I was only watching online yesterday! And yes, helpful staff, dead easy for me to jump the tube and drive back. Be a shame if they've closed. But one things for sure, BCA Paddock wood and Blackbushe will get a whole lot busier! I knew guys that came up from the south coast to attend Wimbledon!

Manheims national stock levels haven't dropped, so I can't see why they would close it..

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Manheims national stock levels haven't dropped, so I can't see why they would close it..

Hiopefully it's just a glitch on the computer system as you said? Weird though.

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Property prices in that area. 

An offer someone couldn't refuse...

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

Property prices in that area. 

An offer someone couldn't refuse...

Location, location, location? Next to the cemetery opposite B&Q, nice!:D

Just now, met said:

Location, location, location? Next to the cemetery opposite B&Q, nice!

That's an ideal location for a whole retirement village. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

That's an ideal location for a whole retirement village. 

Next to Vauxhall dealership! :lol:

Just now, met said:

Next to Vauxhall dealership!

Only Kia or Suzuki would be more suitable. 

7 minutes ago, met said:

I visited Scarborough the other week & there appeared to be what looked like a 13yr old hatchback, dumped outside a shopping centre’s doors, all chavved-up with stickers galore. It was a pitiful sight.

Tut-tutting to myself about the youth of today parking in a pedestrianised area, as I drew closer imagine my surprise to see not a ‘yoof’ with a pathetic wispy beard, ripped jeans & a baseball cap, but a grown man in a shirt & tie.

It then dawned on me it was a Vauxhall dealer displaying his wares.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, met said:

They can ‘Plough’ it up for me.I used to go there,nice stock etc.However the last time I went,I did well,however when our wagon called to lift them and it was before 4,they did not want to know.They said they closed at 5 so our transport company said that’s it  we are no longer lifting anything inside the M25.Never bothered with them since.

11 hours ago, trade vet said:

They can ‘Plough’ it up for me.I used to go there,nice stock etc.However the last time I went,I did well,however when our wagon called to lift them and it was before 4,they did not want to know.They said they closed at 5 so our transport company said that’s it  we are no longer lifting anything inside the M25.Never bothered with them since.

I think Wimbledon could really crack it if they had a saturday sale same as BCA enfield?

Looks like they're back online now so panic over, as you were! :-)

Edited by met

1 hour ago, met said:

I think Wimbledon could really crack it if they had a saturday sale same as BCA enfield?

Looks like they're back online now so panic over, as you were! :-)

We stopped doing Enfield aswell because our wagon got a ticket while loading outside the back gate.That was before Plough Lane.

49 minutes ago, trade vet said:

We stopped doing Enfield aswell because our wagon got a ticket while loading outside the back gate.That was before Plough Lane.

It's a shame that back in the day, before they redeveloped the site, that enfield couldn't have 'grabbed' the land around the exit, to use as parking, and so buyers could load and unload without parking issues. Instead they have a silly small customer car park that is usually used for 'stock overflow' and the exit that as you found leads straight onto public road.