Nick M.K.

A bit of feedback on my own ads please

Nik I think you do a good job already and the only thing I think you can benefit from is the use of video. I think talking over them is the  best way and I don't think they currently needto be anything particularly fancy, it just works with the pictures to show people the car is fine.

The best thing I think I can do in a video is whilst showing the car mention the extra services we offer including picking up at station, delivery, low rate finance, great reviews, great after care and draw attention to the car running with no warning lights.

Plus you buy lumpy well specced cars with loads of options, videos don't just show them off they really shout about them and you sell more cars as a result. 

51 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Even if I photoshopped my own photo to make me look slimmer? 

Thank you. 

Can you send instructions ;)

3 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

The best thing I think I can do in a video is whilst showing the car mention the extra services we offer including picking up at station, delivery, low rate finance, great reviews, great after care and draw attention to the car running with no warning lights.

Can we conclude that modern day buyers who spend upwards of £8-10K on a car don't bother reading the advert text these days (on AT at least)?

I think some people spend a lot of time on car adverts before they make initial contact and by the time they phone they know everything, they've even found my personal facebook page, my limited company details from Companies House etc etc...

I don't think anyone reads the adverts mate full stop. I think in part the advert layout box is restrictive and a bit rubbish. The old ebay classified format where you could free type a load of info was probably better now its a case of cram as much in as possible.

'New service carried out for sale with a fresh new MOT alongside full history including 6 stamps' Customers first question - when was it last serviced. Whens the MOT. Every single time despite how many times I have altered the text.

Also regarding research 100% they check you out across all the platforms looking for anything suspect or dodgy. Thats where social media becomes a fantastic tool when you realise they are looking at it as a confirmation of your reputation rather than a direct selling tool. It can be the thing that seals the deal seeing the happy handover pics. 

14 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Customers first question - when was it last serviced. Whens the MOT. Every single time despite how many times I have altered the text.

That's not because they haven't read it. 

That's because they feel compelled to ask certain questions when they talk to you face to face and in a well written advert there should be nothing (important) that the customer can possibly think to ask which isn't there. 

Obviously there isn't a universal formula when people are concerned, some hate reading, some love it, some have approach to dealing with a real person, some don't. The only thing that never changes is the MOT question and What's the car like question. My answer: It's exactly as good as you are thinking... 

By the way: No one has commented about several of my ads showing sold cars marked as such. No one saw them or are they becoming the norm?

Edited by Nick M.K.

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

By the way: No one has commented about several of my ads showing sold cars marked as such. No one saw them or are they becoming the norm?

That's because you have already told us numerous times why you do that :lol:

I have taken it on board.

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

I have taken it on board.

One of the many experiments from last year that actually worked. The other one was the table/board that you sent me. I spend almost as much time on it as on this forum. 

Just now, Nick M.K. said:

One of the many experiments from last year that actually worked. The other one was the table/board that you sent me. I spend almost as much time on it as on this forum. 

You need to send me a pic ;) email is fine.

I have under each advert price - RESERVE ME FOR £100

Scroll down and there is one marked SOLD and one marked RESERVED - which is genuine but I am going to leave that format.

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

You need to send me a pic

Mine is only electronic so just a clever Excel file. 

Just now, Nick M.K. said:

Mine is only electronic so just a clever Excel file. 

I like it Nick, you need to add filters so.  PDR man is coming - filter those that need PDR, same for valet, servicing etc.

I have that and one almost the same that details every single expense against each car - focusses the mind.  There are two columns I hate, one of wich I can't do anything about - VAT Margin & Warranty B)

14 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I have that and one almost the same that details every single expense against each car - focusses the mind

I stopped doing that years ago. I found it demoralising. I feel more motivated if I think I am more highly paid than I actually am :-) I don't need to know exact figures and with prep costs if the car needs it, the car gets it. 

I met another forum member recently in his office and he showed me a similar file. I told him the same.

On 01/03/2019 at 10:09 AM, Nick M.K. said:

I stopped doing that years ago. I found it demoralising. I feel more motivated if I think I am more highly paid than I actually am :-) I don't need to know exact figures and with prep costs if the car needs it, the car gets it. 

I met another forum member recently in his office and he showed me a similar file. I told him the same.

Yep that was me! And yes it can be demoralising when you work out some margins especially on the cheaper cars, sometimes I’m too organised, a couple of things I don’t take off my margins is petrol and ad cost but mechanics and paintwork I always do. 

Nik your ads are amazing, when I first got into this game and my wife suggested our business name (very similar too yours) obviously I seen your ads and they were really inspiring, we should all play to our strengths and personally I think you should just sod the videos off, your pics sell the car to people, they create the desire that gives you an edge

My opinion, not necessarily saying I am correct here but the negatives I can find are:

The video, just music, a bit of commentary would be better, and it could do with being slightly shorter aswell as showing some of the interior. On that particular car I think some slightly glossier tyre shine and bumper dressing would have made it look slightly better as in the video the wheels and paintwork look amazing ad glossy but the tyres and arches look slightly dull.

The write up on the advert is good but could benefit from slightly better word choice, for example "car has very nice spec" using a more flamboyant word would brighten up the text a little.

Other than that everything I would want to know is there and the pictures are great!