Sign in to follow this  
Dave2302

Have a laugh at this :)

I'm looking for an M113 5.0 V8 Merc Engine Gearbox Wiring and ECU plus some other bitties, so want a cheap Donor Car to break up ....................

This is how not to photo a Car if you wanna sell it ;) .......................

https://www.gumtree.com/p/mercedes-benz/mercedes-s500/1328460728

Council Estate, and better than that, they blacked out their faces :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way too dear for me lol, but even if it wasn't I don't think I'd bother ;)

57 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

I'm looking for an M113 5.0 V8 Merc Engine Gearbox Wiring and ECU plus some other bitties, so want a cheap Donor Car to break up ....................

Council Estate, and better than that, they blacked out their faces :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave

I have an 04 Merc CLK cab in black, MOT out, roof works.

Steering sounds noisy, glovebox doesn't stay shut and front arm rest bust.

Completely flat battery and even when charged C/L randomly opens/closes a few times.

Done just 100k and actually drives lovely - big petrol job

Interested?

58 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Dave

I have an 04 Merc CLK cab in black, MOT out, roof works.

Steering sounds noisy, glovebox doesn't stay shut and front arm rest bust.

Completely flat battery and even when charged C/L randomly opens/closes a few times.

Done just 100k and actually drives lovely - big petrol job

Interested?

Hi Mark,

Is it a 5.0 or 4.3 ??

I really need a 5.0 and must be V8 and Auto 'cos a V12 simply won't go in my R170 SLK's Engine bay :D ................

And of course the burning £'s question you can pm me that if you want ;)

BTW what area are you ??

1 minute ago, Dave2302 said:

Hi Mark,

Is it a 5.0 or 4.3 ??

I really need a 5.0 and must be V8 and Auto 'cos a V12 simply won't go in my R170 SLK's Engine bay :D ................

And of course the burning £'s question you can pm me that if you want ;)

BTW what area are you ??

Hi Dave

It's neither of the above, it is a 3.2 but wasn't sure whether it shared some "bits"

I'm in Worcester - car has gone off to auction in Telford NO RESERVE but can be pulled back.

No need to PM - whatever I can get, just sick of looking at it but with summer coming, I am considering it a project?

Ahh, no sorry, that's no good to me ............

The V6 320 is what my SLK has in it now, but I'm going to install a V8 5.0 litre, shame it would have been ideal :(

I'm going to take SLK off the road at the end of our summer, around November and do the conversion, so I'm starting to look for a suitable donor to strip down and get all the bits ready :D

Your CLK will probably be fairly easy repairs if you fancy smoking it in the Summer, that's why I bought the SLK, bit of summer fun for us ...................

I'm just finishing off the last bit of the SLK's Android Head Unit Install today,, basically putting all the interior back together after installing a Dual USB Data Socket in the Console Cubby Box and an Active Sub Woofer on the Rear Bulkhead in the car yesterday :)

Sounds amazing now :lol:

The V6's aren't too bad on Fuel if you don't drive it nailed all the time, I drove mine back from Redcar when I bought it in December, and although I was nailing it it did around 300 miles on a tank full.

Progress is painfully slow today, it was my birthday yesterday and Mel did the driving, started in Kyle at 4pm so mother of all hang overs today as I abused the privilege and got totally shit faced before munching a mixed Bhuna Vindaloo at around 11pm :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Dave2302 said:

hang overs today as I abused the privilege and got totally shit faced before munching a mixed Bhuna Vindaloo at around 11pm :rolleyes:

And a piss in the tub? :lol: (the gift that keeps on giving)

Happy belated birthday.

It's a smooth old bus really but bit of shit paintwork on bumper and drivers door, interior is no where near mint and a few other bits - doesn't make this a retail car.

Might drag it back and stick on Ebay at £999 (owes me £2k, don't ask).

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

owes me £2k, don't ask

Ouch !!

If I were you I'd repair it, use it this summer and sell it around end July / early August, i'm guessing a Battery, plus used Door Lock, maybe a PSE Pump, bit of Paint and I would expect it to make good money with a bit of TLC

Don't remember going to Bed let alone in a Hot Tub :P

9 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Ouch !!

If I were you I'd repair it, use it this summer and sell it around end July / early August, i'm guessing a Battery, plus used Door Lock, maybe a PSE Pump, bit of Paint and I would expect it to make good money with a bit of TLC

Don't remember going to Bed let alone in a Hot Tub :P

When I bought it, it had a bout 6 months test, looked bright, sounded sweet (and it does) and thought that would be a cheap flas for someone.

Got carried away and gave £1500 + tip at BCA + valet, so owes me (jus looked up SIV) £1,799.79 - of course if I do retail, less VAT margin and it will have earned nothing.

Thought, quick £999 as is or £1495 with fresh MOT & battery and cut my losses.  Or as you say smoke it but I already have a Disco at £555 tax as a smoker.

By the way, if anyone does want it here - make me an offer as I'm unlikely to refuse anything half sensible.

Edited by Mark101

I don't know if this is a location thing, but as soon as the sun is shining I'd get £4k for that Car all day long, probably spend around a monkey on it getting it up to scratch ;)

I sold an Obsidian Black 5.0 one last May to a local fella, for £5950 ;) 

Just for the sport and because that car has almost been financially written off - I might do it as a story on here and see what I get for it when done - could be a while.

4 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Probably the real owners just before it disappeared :ph34r:

55 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Probably the real owners just before it disappeared :ph34r:

:lol: Judging by the other old shitter there with the bonnet up I'd say they are plastic traders on the Sausage Roll dealing from a local Car park ;) 

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Just for the sport and because that car has almost been financially written off - I might do it as a story on here and see what I get for it when done - could be a while.

I'll see if I can find one around these parts with my V8 Auto in it, and with a nice Anthracite or Grey Interior, which will be absolutely no use to me .................

Yeah, be a good bit of sport, I'll bet if you do it up nice it'll fetch good money ;)

that car looks dirt cheap if you need it

there used to be a street i would never go to when i used to buy cars from the local paper wanted adds

i called it ambush alley for a very good reason

12 hours ago, boring dave said:

that car looks dirt cheap if you need it

:lol: I'm not in that much of a hurry, I'll not be doing the conversion until the end of this year, if I was desperate I'd go and kick them in the nuts with a very low bid :)

I'd want that old W220 for £400 absolute max and that's only because it's relatively close to me to go collect it, like 300 mile ish round trip :D

One will come along at the right price at some point this year ;) 

An old CL 500 (C215) with buggered ABC Suspension would be ideal and ought to be silly cheap, Dronsfields generally pay around £2 - 300 for this sort of old shite, like I say, all I want is Engine Trans and Diff, plus some wiring and a couple of modules, has to be around 2000 - 2003 depending on exact model, then I can set it all up to talk to the SLK's CAN bus etc ;) 

Bolting and plumbing it all in is a breeze as my Car is a V6, same engine just minus 2 cylinders and gob loads more torque with the 5.0 V8 :D

Edited by Dave2302