Sign in to follow this  
MrV

10' Focus 1.6 duratorq cambelt

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

CF Bedfords, Victors, Firenzas etc can't remember it's designation, but I used to moan about changing the plugs on 'em back then !!

Now, having done V12 Mercs etc, these days I'd love to do the Vauxhall ones on a daily basis :rolleyes: 

Here ya go, "OHC Slant 4" seems to crop up a lot, no time to read the whole article tho, ;)

http://vauxpedianet.uk2sitebuilder.com/vauxhall---the-slant-4-engine

thanks

just read that, absolutely fascinating

and now i know why they all rapped on start up:)

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

CF Bedfords, Victors, Firenzas etc can't remember it's designation, but I used to moan about changing the plugs on 'em back then !!

Now, having done V12 Mercs etc, these days I'd love to do the Vauxhall ones on a daily basis :rolleyes: 

Here ya go, "OHC Slant 4" seems to crop up a lot, no time to read the whole article tho, ;)

http://vauxpedianet.uk2sitebuilder.com/vauxhall---the-slant-4-engine

A lovely old deep chested engine - not very tuneful to the ear though. I’ve owned two of the 2.3 16 valves in the past, one was modified and ran 8000rpm & 210bhp - wheelspin in 3rd gear in a Chevette :D. As a young man it was thrashed regularly & it never gave me any trouble whatsoever. In fact, as I pointed out to a Vx Dealer 20yr ago, I used it when my (then new) Vx company car was in for yet another warranty job.

29 minutes ago, BHM said:

A lovely old deep chested engine - not very tuneful to the ear though. I’ve owned two of the 2.3 16 valves in the past, one was modified and ran 8000rpm & 210bhp - wheelspin in 3rd gear in a Chevette :D. As a young man it was thrashed regularly & it never gave me any trouble whatsoever. In fact, as I pointed out to a Vx Dealer 20yr ago, I used it when my (then new) Vx company car was in for yet another warranty job.

you beat me on the shuvitt mine had a kent 1600 

had a cf pickup 2.3 and it used to beat all the xr3's at the time from traffic lights it was a real hoot to smoke round town even better because it had great cross plies on ,a great comfy ride,i miss it but not titing the thing up

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Hmm, Magum 2300 Coupe, one of my favourite cars ever. 

Did the belt on that by cutting the old one in half, old boy tip:D

Yeah, we used to be able to do that all the time, but the modern designs, especially the ones that have Water Pump on the same belt ye cannae do that nae more :( 

2 hours ago, tradex said:

Did the belt on that by cutting the old one in half, old boy tip:D

wow you old bugger:D

We need some sort of tool shed where you lot can congregate and nerd over your big ends

15 hours ago, EPV said:

We need some sort of tool shed where you lot can congregate and nerd over your big ends

But then we'd all have a shed full of proper tools :lol:

To be fair it wouldn't hurt to have a "Workshop Section", there are a lot of guys Selling that have their own Workshops with micks or do their own Repairs etc ;)