Sign in to follow this  
Victoria Park Car Sales

Number plate overstickers

Hi

Where can I purchase number plate overstickers to place the name of my business on the number plate instead of the original dealer.

i don’t want to have to spend money on a new set of plates each time

And how much is it likely to be

thanks

David

£15 for a set of plates? How shit is it going to look with a one size fits no one sticker planted on a number plate? 

Pony up the £15. 

A local printing company will make you some up and won’t be much. I have some for any cheaper junk  

I agree with EPV though,  especially on some of those heavier bits of stock you have, it’ll look crap.

Just get some plates made up that’ll advertise your business -20 quid for a nice lipped set. You could just put them on cars you sell locally.

new plates always bonny up a motor anyway

put the old ones in the boot and customers think they are getting a bonus too

plus less rubbish in your trash bin

i asked a seller on ebay if he could supply me some plates without giving him log book details as i  am a registered supplier logged at dvla and he refused

so im back to the local factor

never liked my name on plates or window stickers or key fobs,customers only use them when they have a problem even years later

23 minutes ago, boring dave said:

new plates always bonny up a motor anyway

put the old ones in the boot and customers think they are getting a bonus too

plus less rubbish in your trash bin

i asked a seller on ebay if he could supply me some plates without giving him log book details as i  am a registered supplier logged at dvla and he refused

so im back to the local factor

never liked my name on plates or window stickers or key fobs,customers only use them when they have a problem even years later

I respectfully disagree BD, and I weirdly like spotting a car I’ve sold in the past (that I’ve usually well forgotten about). 

Nice, professional, lipped plates do wonders to a car sometimes, and at the least, it helps build your brand’s profile.

I too like rear window stickers but can understand why others don’t. My favourite was printed tax disc holders - still have some in a drawer at work that I can’t bring myself to throw away  

What grief can you get years after the event? If anything, it’s a selling opportunity.

58 minutes ago, EPV said:

£15 for a set of plates? How shit is it going to look with a one size fits no one sticker planted on a number plate? 

Pony up the £15. 

That's close on £7000 a year for us....sole reason we don't change plates unless really faded/stained. A nice bright window sticker at 50p each is as far as we go. It's nice spotting a few you've sold when you're out and about...until you see them pull into Halfrauds that is!

I change all my number plates is looks neat and professional along with a window sticker. Always looks good when you see one of your cars driving round with your name on. Number stickers degrade and peel off after a while don't bother. 

*It

6 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

That's close on £7000 a year for us....sole reason we don't change plates unless really faded/stained. A nice bright window sticker at 50p each is as far as we go. It's nice spotting a few you've sold when you're out and about...until you see them pull into Halfrauds that is!

I don’t change plates personally mate, i’m just saying i’d rather do £15 per unit than £5 per unit and a crap look. 

I used to sell those number plate stickers along with printed rear window stickers and tax disc holders 20 years ago, didn't think anyone would still use those printed number plate stickers, I didn't think they looked good then never mind now.:unsure:

1 hour ago, EPV said:

I don’t change plates personally mate, i’m just saying i’d rather do £15 per unit than £5 per unit and a crap look. 

I can totally agree with that. There's a fair few 03-06 plate things locally running around with faded, barely stuck on, stickers from one former local dealer. In fairness to them the cars are still going long after the stickers have given up!

Thank you so much for your advice. I am just starting out as a car trader and learning as I go. I will go down the route of replacing with new number plates. They do make a difference to the appearance of a car. The number plates which are on my 57 to 59 plate cars are marked and water ingress etc 

thanks again everyone

David

• Like 1