Sign in to follow this  
Area 51

Stock shortages / Alloys & Cyprus !

I don't think I can recall a year in the last 20 where stock hasn't been a struggle to find to be fair.  Might just be me.

It's definitely true about main dealers holding on to/having a go at stuff they would have traded previously though.

sold a few cars to southern Ireland last year and to my surprise 1 to Cyprus, Was cheaper for him to fly to the UK seal deal fly back and then pay for container shipment than it was to buy locally in home country, I was  really surprised, He said most Cyprus cars are UK or Japan

I used to export to Cyprus back in the early 2000s. Great money back then because of their luxury tax. Anything under 1599CC was cheap but over that was horrendous. 

1.6 Volvo V40s used to make a fortune as classed as a prime car. You could buy them here and get them landed and re registered for under 2K and they would fetch 6K over there.

A Range Rover commanded over 90K in taxes back thenplus the price of the car.

• Like 1

Cyprus is changing now though. They're trying to vote in a law that means cars registered after I think Feb this year, will have higher road tax than the same car but Cyprus registered.

A way to curb imports because the main dealers are losing money as is the economy. Or something like that.

Used to send cars to Cyprus , Toyota Avensis was the best one , cheap as chips here , loads of em available and fetched huge money over there  , but dried up now though , the guy who organised it for me was a chef over there . 

All goods things end at some point don't they 

• Like 1