Sign in to follow this  
GreenGiant

Ranty Friday 29 May

That's three in a row this week - 'No shows' on firm appointments. Appointments made by them, at times to suit them, on cars they called us about that were exactly what they needed. Appointments that I confirmed with them the day before.

All three 'customers' were under the age of 30.

Coincidence?

Or shall I bang on about the current, disturbing trend towards lack of respect and consideration for others these days? The misguided sense of entitlement to whatever you want, whenever you want, how you want and to hell with the consequences?

Nah, I'll just suck it up and be assured that I probably didn't want them as customers anyway.

• Like 1

I hate it when that happens and it happens far to often for my liking, they could be bothered to pick up the phone to book the appointment what's so hard about doing it to cancel it instead of realizing a few days later after viewing the competition that yours is the best on the market and coming up with some sob story about how the cat ate the goldfish and the kids where upset so they couldn't pick up the phone!

Had two over the bank holiday weekend, to be fair both phone back 3 hours after arranging a viewing to cancel but by then I had cancelled what I had planed to do to accommodate them.  Then on Wednesday I had arranged to pick a customer up from the local train station at 3pm so they could pick up their new car, they phone at 2.30 to say they will be getting in at 5pm. The problem being that I have to pick up my children at 5 also. I get the feeling people go through life without considering others, we try and make out of hours appointments for the customers benefit but they seem to think we spend our 1 day off and time out of hours waiting for them rather then having our own family life. 

Hers's one for you, customer books an appointment for 11.00 today after travelling some 230 miles to get to us he phones me at 10.00 to say that he's at the pitch and it's all locked up. I explained that weekends is by appointment only as I live 35 miles away and I was on my way in for his appointment at 11.00. Ok he says he'll come back at 11. Going home now as he's not answering his phone so I can only presume that he's on his way back home as am I.

Edited by Phil H
  • Like 1

Found out yesterday why the man didn't turn up at 11 he'd gone to one of my mates pitch and bought one from him. it was nice of him to let me know as he new I was coming in just for him.

Thanks GG I think I got off the hook lightly apparently he's on the phone moaning everyday, unrealistic expectations I think, he bought a 10 year old 100k ex royal mail transit for 2.5k mechanically sound but no gold bar in the glovebox. 

Do you think all those punters (and we all get them) live together somewhere, sharing their collective wisdom and inter-breeding to keep producing more and more unrealistic, over-entitled, members of the f**kwit family?

Maybe we could sneak up on their Special Place one night and brick up all the exits from the outside. Then we could contact them very early one Sunday morning (via Facebook, obvs) and tell them we're going to make a special journey to let them out. And then not turn up.

And then, maybe, do turn up two days later. With my next door neighbour, who's a fishmonger, so he knows a lot about bricks. And then kick the walls, ring somebody who is apparently paying for the job and then tell them it's not what we wanted to do, really, and we're going to knock a wall down somewhere else instead.

And then badmouth them all over SoshallMeeja. And then report them to Trading Standards. And Watchdog. And maybe go back the following weekend and throw eggs at the wall.

Just a thought.

I think I need to take my tablets now...

• Like 1

You could brick the f@@@er's in GG but then would then just phone us and email us with stupidity!! You know the ones that send 5 emails and then tell us that they only purchased their p/x a few months ago and fully expect to lose a lot of money, turns out they want £200 less then what they paid !!!! 

you all forgot to add that they usually also normally bring a mate that used to be in the trade and knows everything ,well nothing actually, but is now a postman:lol:

• Like 1

Do you think all those punters (and we all get them) live together somewhere, sharing their collective wisdom and inter-breeding to keep producing more and more unrealistic, over-entitled, members of the f**kwit family?

Maybe we could sneak up on their Special Place one night and brick up all the exits from the outside. Then we could contact them very early one Sunday morning (via Facebook, obvs) and tell them we're going to make a special journey to let them out. And then not turn up.

And then, maybe, do turn up two days later. With my next door neighbour, who's a fishmonger, so he knows a lot about bricks. And then kick the walls, ring somebody who is apparently paying for the job and then tell them it's not what we wanted to do, really, and we're going to knock a wall down somewhere else instead.

And then badmouth them all over SoshallMeeja. And then report them to Trading Standards. And Watchdog. And maybe go back the following weekend and throw eggs at the wall.

Just a thought.

I think I need to take my tablets now...

You guys have no heart. Stand aside I'm going to let them  out by using my sledgehammer. Well I was going to until my £5.99 ebay//fb/rhylcarbootsale/ sledgehammer broke. If only I had paid the extra for a bit of quality off a reputable ironmonger then the brick wall would be down by now. Oh well, guess we will just have to let the poor buggers rot...