Sign in to follow this  
Melv

Manheim surecheck help please

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Is that cheap ? We have taken in a 07 gttdi 115k ,needs £250 paint and apparently an injector harness ( causes it to chuck it after 20 mins driving ),stands £900 but would take less.We advertised it with an honest description for £1500 and got no response !

Punters don’t like cars with issues. Although money’s tight they get shitty arses at an honestly described problem child. I’ve got a Mazda with a rattly timing chain described 100% - all I’m getting is social misfits on the phone - yesterday I resorted to telling one of them to Fuck Off. The punters are that bad I’ve decided to chuck a few quid at it & sell it retail.

On 04/04/2019 at 8:17 AM, trade vet said:

Is that cheap ? We have taken in a 07 gttdi 115k ,needs £250 paint and apparently an injector harness ( causes it to chuck it after 20 mins driving ),stands £900 but would take less.We advertised it with an honest description for £1500 and got no response !

Hold on, you're complaining you can't flip a car for £600 which needs a load of work, but without actually doing the work !?

On 4/2/2019 at 10:11 PM, Area 51 said:

Melv didnt last long :rolleyes:

Sorry Guys for the massively late reply, thank you all for your suggestions and recommendations, i did get a full refund in the end and i noticed the car was back in the next sale (with no assurance check on it), for some other poor sod to buy. I hope everyone is having a good Easter and sales are good :)

• Like 1

On 04/04/2019 at 9:31 AM, BHM said:

Punters don’t like cars with issues. Although money’s tight they get shitty arses at an honestly described problem child. I’ve got a Mazda with a rattly timing chain described 100% - all I’m getting is social misfits on the phone - yesterday I resorted to telling one of them to Fuck Off. The punters are that bad I’ve decided to chuck a few quid at it & sell it retail.

I've found that punters are more scared of buying a 'broken' car off a trader than a private seller, as the implication is that if trade can't/won't fix it what chance do they have?

1 minute ago, met said:

I've found that punters are more scared of buying a 'broken' car off a trader than a private seller, as the implication is that if trade can't/won't fix it what chance do they have?

I think your correct. Unless it’s something they can plug in & convince themselves it’s a £30 bodge repair. If there’s a code or two to be read on the shit £25 code reader I have in my drawer then the ‘Spares Or Repair Brigade’ struggle with the concept of spending £150 in parts & a mornings graft - basically it’s beyond their mental grasp.

There’s a reason why many people are skint. It’s because they are lazy & greedy.

• Like 1