Sign in to follow this  
NOACROSS

DA purchase car ‘valeting service’. Imagine that! Whatever next

Just looking through Dealer Auction, and I notice this comment at the bottom of one listing.  How nice of them! I’m thinking a £25 valet for £99 or am I being cynical? (Moi?) And it’s bound to get dirty on the way home :

‘We do offer a full valeting service on our cars before collection at an optional cost of £99. Please let me know if you would like to have this done as we will need to book it in with our valeting team. Cars need to be collected within 3 working days, anything after this will incur a storage fee of £60 + VAT a day. Unless otherwise agreed’

Ha yes. 

Reminds me of an auctioneer who used to say ‘what do you want me to do? Sell it for you and post the profit through your letterbox gentleman?’

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Ha yes. 

Reminds me of an auctioneer who used to say ‘what do you want me to do? Sell it for you and post the profit through your letterbox gentleman?’

Nice one :-)

my best one was

are there any motor traders here tonight???????????????????????????????????????

1 hour ago, boring dave said:

my best one was

are there any motor traders here tonight???????????????????????????????????????

Brill. In the style of Monty Python’s Life of Brian? Are there any women here? No...no.  

Any one else got any auctioneer classic lines?

Pannal Auctions Harrogate remember them.Low starting bid,auctioneer’s response ‘ what do you want ....blood ‘,Glasgow Meat Market,( that was a story on its own) ,auctioneer Mr Beith Senior,again low starting bid,his reply ....after a pausing briefly...’ I would not like to sell you a new one ‘.

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

Dick lovett Bristol! Nice place up there. 

I went to Bristol Monday, only a few Dick Lovett's there..... Business must be slooooow......

They normally have top quality PX's.

5 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I went to Bristol Monday, only a few Dick Lovett's there..... Business must be slooooow......

They normally have top quality PX's.

Yes agreed