Sign in to follow this  
GreenGiant

I keep getting this Email...

...asking me if I want to

'Join Trusted Car Buyers before a competitor does'

Anyone had any dealings with them? And is it worth a look?

I get it..................I've ignored it so far.................sorry, doesn't help you GG!!!!!!

I have had dealings with them. I read about it in the magazine and thought it was definitely worth a look. I thought sourcing stock from the public could be a good idea. 

So I phoned them requesting some information....... nothing

So I emailed them requesting information ........ nothing 

So I phoned them again to request some information....... nothing. 

So i forgot about them for ever. 

Sorry for the dragging up of an old post, is trusted buyers one company similar to wbac or is it made up from various dealers ? The reason I ask is we took a car from them and it was very poor, any profit has long since gone in having to put most of the bodywork right and replace missing bits.

It's owned by the vtg group in Leicester and works like this:

they run a similar type of website as wbac and give a price for the car to the customer, the car is then dropped off to their local branch for inspection, which is made up with a network of independent dealers who all pay a franchise type fee, they then have the option to purchase the car for the price that TCD paid the customer plus a fee, rumoured to be £350 per car, if the inspecting dealer doesn't want the car it's offered around other dealers in the TCD umbrella first then if none of them want it then it gets sold to the trade via the trusted remarketing email that you probably responded to. So basically you're getting offered the crap that nobody else wants unless you become a supporting dealer.

• Like 1

That's sums it up, other than it being dirty ... We ended up replacing the cam belt, painted the rear bumper, mot, 4 wheels, sun visor clip, bonnet catch broke on collection ..... Paintwork was flat and lifeless and panel gaps were all wrong, just not a very nice car. Never ever again, it was picked up through trademail.

• Like 1