Mikey360

More Mini window Advice

Evening all, I've got a 2009 Mini 1.4 first in stock, 98k FSH, low owners.

When the car is Stationary, the windows go down, but won't come back up until you move... and when I mean move, we're talking 2mph. Can't find anything on the web about it?

It's had a new battery (coded in) and the foot well control module flashed and reset to see if that helps. Everything else works fine, just a bit of a weird one. Is it a safety feature?

would a basic battery disconnect do this?

dont know,why would you have a 98,000 nightmare on stock

get rid

1 minute ago, boring dave said:

would a basic battery disconnect do this?

dont know,why would you have a 98,000 nightmare on stock

get rid

Yup been trying to since early November now! Never again

Meant early December*

HI Mikey, Have you tried key in, not started, window down,hold for a count of 5, then window up whilst keeping hold of the switch until the window is fully closed.. keep hold for a count of 5...let go... key out..

3 minutes ago, Tim H said:

HI Mikey, Have you tried key in, not started, window down,hold for a count of 5, then window up whilst keeping hold of the switch until the window is fully closed.. keep hold for a count of 5...let go... key out..

sounds good

does he need to put his left leg in our out as he shakes it all about

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tim H said:

Yes have given the window reset thing a go, didn't change anything. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Just now, boring dave said:

sounds good

does he need to put his left leg in our out as he shakes it all about

That's what its all about! :D

• Like 2

Damn it...!!!!    thought it seemed too easy, (and perhaps a twattish),  suggestion after you'd gone to the trouble of coding in a battery and module flashing... did you try left leg and right leg in and out...? might make a difference...!!

3 minutes ago, Tim H said:

Damn it...!!!!    thought it seemed too easy, (and perhaps a twattish),  suggestion after you'd gone to the trouble of coding in a battery and module flashing... did you try left leg and right leg in and out...? might make a difference...!!

hi

ive been down the pub since 5 sorry to offend

5 minutes ago, boring dave said:

hi

ive been down the pub since 5 sorry to offend

None taken! Wish I could have joined!

10 minutes ago, Tim H said:

Never is easy in this game! :P

No way offended.... I laughed ...wished I'd been in the pub with you.... hope you make it til closing time..!

It won’t have been clocked, we changed a dead airbag module on a fiat 500 then the odometer started flashing, proxy alignment sorted it. 

Oops wrong thread :(

Have you had a global scan of the whole car to check for related codes? 

8 hours ago, Nicoletta said:

Did you test the alternator before changing battery? Could be weak...

Nope, I shall test it today thankyou!

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

It won’t have been clocked, we changed a dead airbag module on a fiat 500 then the odometer started flashing, proxy alignment sorted it. 

Oops wrong thread :(

Have you had a global scan of the whole car to check for related codes? 

It had a scan after the battery was coded to see if anything came up, there was a code to say there was no communication to the footwell control module, hence the flash and reset

Something must be telling them to go down? When you press the unlock button on the key I wonder if it’s sticking down and doing the global opening thingy? 

Have you got a remote key tester? 

1 minute ago, Stalker said:

Something must be telling them to go down? When you press the unlock button on the key I wonder if it’s sticking down and doing the global opening thingy? 

Have you got a remote key tester? 

It's only when I use the switch to get them down, they're not going down by themselves. It's like the speed sensor doesn't allow them to go back up unless some sort of speed is registered?

Yes had a good look under the rubber grommets. When they're down, they jump up a tiny bit (less than 5mm) as if they're both at the top? So they still get the "message" from the switch. They both do exactly the same thing independently 

14 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I take it the guides are nice and clean and siliconed up? 

I can't hear the motor struggling at all when they do work, so Im assuming they're okay?

The motor doesn’t struggle on the newer cars like they used to they just shut down for the sake of five mins I would get them lubed up 

I shall get the door cards off today and get them done, would that explain the not going up when stationary because they need more voltage? 

4 minutes ago, justina3 said:

The motor doesn’t struggle on the newer cars like they used to they just shut down for the sake of five mins I would get them lubed up 

1 minute ago, Mikey360 said:

I shall get the door cards off today and get them done, would that explain the not going up when stationary because they need more voltage? 

As Justin says, they have thermal overload protection inside the motor. You don’t necessarily need to remove the door card, I put lashings of silicone spray on the glass edges and send the window down, it usually does the trick. 

Ok so lubed up the edges of the windows. They got stuck down as normal, moved it less than a metre and they worked again, and then continued to work when stationary (as they did before) 

I've checked the battery before turning it on this morning (hadn't been run since Friday), 12.1, then when running, held at 14.7. 

Hopefully the grease has done the job, but can't test it until it's been sat for a few hours

18 minutes ago, tradex said:

Just a thought here, not sure if Mingys have this feature? Are there any 'door open alerts', does the 'door open alert' system work as it should?

Okay..... Now this is odd. I think everytime I've started the car, the door has been open causing the "window down" 

I've just been out, got in, CLOSED the door, started her up and voila! Both Windows goup and down no problem! 

Then I turned it off, jumped out, locked and started again with the door OPEN and both the windows would only go down! Regardless if the door was open or shut after starting!

This has to be some weird safety feature so you don't lock yourself out of the car??

Thankyou for that suggestion tradex, I think I can live with it like this!

So now you can add "Lockout Fail Safe Option" to the advert description and ask another £149 on the Retail :D