JKG

Any one want a volunteer? (sob story incoming)

Hi guys.

Some of you may remember me but I won't blame you if you don't, it's been a couple of years since I was officially "in the trade"

Closed my pitch in 2017 as it was no longer financially viable for me, a couple of you said at the time if it was in my blood I would be back, and you were right, I have a void in my life

Since then I got a job working from home and then got depressed, I know some of you will think I'm mad but I really do miss it (sometimes I even miss the customers :wacko:), I'm at a loose end and I have some free time so..

If any of you are local to me (Grantham, lincs), and want a free pair of hands to help out please let me know, I'd be happy to do anything you needed (even making coffee), just feeling like I'm involved with something I have a passion for would be a massive help

Frankly you would be doing me a favour.

Mate if you were in Kent i’d have you with me all day long. 

Good luck with finding something that will make you happy. I know from first hand experience that depression is a tough thing to get through. 

Hi JKG,

Good luck to you and you are doing the right thing. Get yourself out of the house and get involved and you will soon be on your feet again.

When you say you got a Job working from home what we’re you doing ?

Along side helping someone why don’t you buy a couple of cars and start again slowly, do all the prep yourself and that will soon fill your time.

best wishes Dean.

You aren't wrong, It's a tough road, luckily I have a very understanding & supporting wife who continues to put up with me, thanks for your reply.

20 minutes ago, DBDlloyds said:

Hi JKG,

Good luck to you and you are doing the right thing. Get yourself out of the house and get involved and you will soon be on your feet again.

When you say you got a Job working from home what we’re you doing ?

Along side helping someone why don’t you buy a couple of cars and start again slowly, do all the prep yourself and that will soon fill your time.

best wishes Dean.

I'm a website content manager (effectively the copy and paste guy) for my sisters company, she chucked me a lifeline to stop me becoming unemployed and so I could keep a roof over my kids head, for which I will always be grateful for and I have no plan to give it up yet, but it's not me and it certainly isn't what I want to be doing.

I did consider getting a couple of cars, I've got the space to do it, the problem is I live next door to mr & mrs Nosey Parker who would shop me in a second, having never traded from home I don't know the legalities of it and having mr council bod turn up on my doorstep is not something I want the pleasure of at the moment.

thanks for your reply

I fully sympathise , lost my yard of 13 years to development in the summer and have been flat out trying find an alternative ever since . Have been doing a bit on SOR on mates sites but bit the bullet and have started to do some bits from home  , not ideal but keeps you busy . Its weird , about a month after being siteless and with the big bills stopping (AT , rent..) I wasn't enitrely sure I wanted to leap back in tbf , but you're right , It's in the blood . Good luck with the depression , I know it's a tough journey myself and keeping busy is a key part of getting back on track .

Good luck

3 hours ago, JKG said:

You aren't wrong, It's a tough road, luckily I have a very understanding & supporting wife who continues to put up with me, thanks for your reply.

I'm a website content manager (effectively the copy and paste guy) for my sisters company, she chucked me a lifeline to stop me becoming unemployed and so I could keep a roof over my kids head, for which I will always be grateful for and I have no plan to give it up yet, but it's not me and it certainly isn't what I want to be doing.

I did consider getting a couple of cars, I've got the space to do it, the problem is I live next door to mr & mrs Nosey Parker who would shop me in a second, having never traded from home I don't know the legalities of it and having mr council bod turn up on my doorstep is not something I want the pleasure of at the moment.

thanks for your reply

Shop you for what ? Its not illegal to trade from home.

As long as you are courteous of your neighbours and dont have cars littering the streets with sale boards in the windows then the council will have little interest in you.

If you have the space to do it and i assume a little spare cash to get going then it makes sense to start buying and selling a few from home to get back in the swing of things...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JKG said:

thanks for your reply

Hi JKG,

Its no problem trading from home as long as you are not putting price boards in the window or making a nuisance of yourself.

You will be fine....

Hi JKG

Are you an auction guy.If you are,you are based fairly central for some big ones and there must be people on here who would pay you a fee to check out stuff and bid for them.I was looking for someone like that just last week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JKG said:

Hi guys.

Some of you may remember me but I won't blame you if you don't, it's been a couple of years since I was officially "in the trade"

Closed my pitch in 2017 as it was no longer financially viable for me, a couple of you said at the time if it was in my blood I would be back, and you were right, I have a void in my life

Since then I got a job working from home and then got depressed, I know some of you will think I'm mad but I really do miss it (sometimes I even miss the customers :wacko:), I'm at a loose end and I have some free time so..

If any of you are local to me (Grantham, lincs), and want a free pair of hands to help out please let me know, I'd be happy to do anything you needed (even making coffee), just feeling like I'm involved with something I have a passion for would be a massive help

PM sent :)

On 12/01/2019 at 6:30 AM, JKG said:

Hi guys.

Hi 

Well done for speaking out and sharing your black dog. It’s crippled me for years.

Its great you wanna get out the house. I reckon my head is out to get me so I should never be left alone with it. 

Im just starting out in the trade and it’s going well. The measure is not financial , more wellbeing. 

If you were closer to Lancs we would be ideal to work together!

good luck and PM me if your head is pecking you! 

Cheers

Rich