Sign in to follow this  
Raj M

Trade advice on Mini cooper s

16 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Mini cooper S's are great , wonderful little cars 

Just have to rebuild Engine , Clutches , Gearboxes &  turbos or supercharger pulleys on the older ones  after that they work for a while :D

Except for the S/C and Turbo bit they are just like the original Cooper S then :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Except for the S/C and Turbo bit they are just like the original Cooper S then :D

Haha , you know about them too then :lol:

Used to Rally a 1293 cc Cooper S and Autocross an ultra ligtened 970 S (super cammy little screamer)

15 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Used to Rally a 1293 cc Cooper S and Autocross an ultra ligtened 970 S (super cammy little screamer)

a mate used to do autocross 850 mini stuff where you couldnt modify the engine,anyway i was in a scrapyard and spied a high lift special rocker shaft in some car probably a metro? so i stripped it off paid the mangy geezer in the office and took it home,stripped it cleaned it put it all back together and when mate came round sat night before we all went to the local pubs i showed him it and told him probably £20,he was delighted and paid me

6 months later he slags me off tells me it was just a rocker shaft off a later A+ metro engine

oh how we larfed:lol:

£1-£3k Mini's = BIG BILLS £1-£3k Cooper S's = BIGGER BILLS

As per pretty much everyone's advice - DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF - trust me, I know.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mat C said:

£1-£3k Mini's = BIG BILLS £1-£3k Cooper S's = BIGGER BILLS

As per pretty much everyone's advice - DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF - trust me, I know.

/\ /\ /\ like