Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

eBay decline

Most customers browsing on mobile click to call directly on whichever platform they are on at the time.

Call trackers are handy and at least you know if you are getting leads in from somewhere I like them. Its not the be all and end all but it helps.Autotrader call tracker records them aswell which is sometimes funny when you get nutjobs ringing up and no one in the office believes you :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Most customers browsing on mobile click to call directly on whichever platform they are on at the time.

Absolutely and these days most people looking at cars for sale do it on their mobiles. 

If your stock is more suitable towards people in the Golden Ages (small automatics) that might not be the case. 

I only advertise on AT but am "locked in" with Shpock for 12 months (never again), so I don't ask.  During one sale (I presumed AT) they mentioned (unprompted) that they found me on Shpock - that one sale has paid for almost 2 years of Shpock advertising.  It just shows.  

I just cannot deal with opening lines of "what is your last price." What does that even mean, where did that come from?  Anyway, I shall not renew even if they give it me for free (their last price).

On a side note, AT enquiries and views are nicely up but sales are slow here.

I hadn’t realised but when someone has something in their eBay watchlist occasionally eBay sends them an email reminding them and to “see if you can strike a deal with the seller”.

Let’s be honest, with emails like that it’s no f***ing wonder punters think I’m up for heavy discounting.