Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Cox automotive 'reshape'

Did anyone else notice the story about manheim 'reshaping'. Looks like some if the sites are being shut and others expanded. My two favourites,  wimbledon and northampton are looking vulnerable?

noticeable drop in car volumes passing through i found last year overall on there sites,  Disappointing as BCA are  the opposite and getting more control over the market

9 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

noticeable drop in car volumes passing through i found last year overall on there sites,  Disappointing as BCA are  the opposite and getting more control over the market

Yes, although Northampton and Wimbledon are usually pretty will stocked. Manheim Colchester is way overloaded, with cars being stored all over the local area outside of the auction site.  Northampton and Wimbledon don't appear to have the ability to 'expand' so things look bad. It's a shame as if they close Wimbledon Manheim will only have colchester in the South East as a whole? And obviously for traders South and South West, you can expect more faces at Paddock Wood and Blackbushe.

I think that the large auction groups will eventually become online only. It's a win for them, not only do they 'not' have to provide facilities (toilets, restaurants etc) but they won't have any 'issues' at the payment desk. Nobody can disappear after a winning bid. They can use car park for extra storage (a few already do this) and it will encourage buyers to use their 'inspection' and 'delivery' service. It's the future! Oh and cheaper insurance if members of the public are not getting crushed!

Edited by met

2 hours ago, met said:

Did anyone else notice the story about manheim 'reshaping'. Looks like some if the sites are being shut and others expanded. My two favourites,  wimbledon and northampton are looking vulnerable?

BCA have just nabbed CarShop off them so I think they're probably losing ground.

Between AT, UKCGR and BCA there's not alot left of the car trade :(

• Like 1

Just now, Mojo121 said:

BCA have just nabbed CarShop off them so I think they're probably losing ground.

Between AT, UKCGR and BCA there's not alot left of the car trade :(

Yes. Obviously BCA must be watching Manheim. If Wimbledon closes, Enfield will be the only premier auction site in London? But the Enfield site is tight and there doesn't appear to be a way they can expand. Unless they move?

Without “we buy any cars “ bca will be struggling.

• Like 1