Sign in to follow this  
Lucas

Found the previous log book!!

I bought a light blue Jaguar XF with no log book present from BCA. So, I spent £25 to apply a new one. Got the log book and found the keeper as my company name. That means one more keeper added to the records. The interesting thing is that I found the previous log book in the car today just right in the hand box covered by the user manual. I called DVLA, and they said they can delete the new logbook record if I post them the previous one and with a letter to declare the situation. What a surprise!:) A happy day.

Edited by Lucas

Rule 1

Every time you buy a car always give it a good rummage around...

I have found spare keys and seperate fobs as well as service history and of course at auction these are sold without it :)

It could’ve been a previous out of date logbook with no valud reference numbers (if the Jag had a private plate after) so don’t get too excited :-)

• Like 1

Yes, very basic mistake. Will do better next time.:)

Lost count of the items we have found over the years done great on some not so great on others.

had a fiesta last week with a receipt in the center console for timing belt and water pump change result. 

Had a clio three weeks ago with two shitty nappies in the drivers seat back pocket. 

• Like 2