Chad6400

Mileage Discrepancy

Hi guys I would like some information as to where I stand with regards to my personal motor, I purchased it in October 2016 for £7000 from a dealer. It was all advertised at hpi clear etc, car had full service history etc. Anyway I had the car on finance and it’s been 14 months since I’ve had it. I was thinking of doing a upgrade on the car today and decided to go to a forecourt as I’d seen a car I liked. After getting there and checking the advertised car the salesman wanted to value my car so I told him to go ahead. He came back to me to tell me my car has mileage discrepancy. He’s printed the hpi report off and showed me. In August 2015 it had 77k and then In January 2016 it had 126k (mileage noted by manufacturer as report suggests) in May 2016 it had 93k and I purchased it in October 2016 with 103k. I never knew this as I purely brought it based on previous mots. Now the question is the car still has outstanding finance on it. Is there anything I can do about this as no one will buy the car off me now knowing what’s on the hpi report? 

No not yet but I intend to tomorrow, just wanted to know what’s the possibility of anything happening bearing in mind it has been 14 months and am I entitled to eat in touch with them before I actually do. 

Sounds to me that the mileage entered for the car in January 2016 was an error. It is unlikely the car did 50k miles in 5 months since August 15.

it allegedly did 50 thousand in aug to jan,this is 2500 miles every week 500 miles a day,must be a mistake unless it was a 24 hour taxi

Most likely input error. Take it to auto electrician they will be able to read the correct mileage