RedBox

Car Model From BCA

Hello, Just Wanting Some Advice, Ive Just Bought a Golf Tdi from Auction thinking it was a GT TDI PD 130 Model, but as listing it, have noticed it being a 90BHP Model, Although it said on the description it is re registered or imported, could I get my money back for the vehicle, Thanks For Any Advice. 

Nope!

Registered or imported is BCA saying you buy it as seen, year model and spec cannot be guaranteed. 

Small print will have their arses well and truly covered. 

Have you checked it’s not been registered wrong? An outside chance.

Hello, yes I am a trader, I realised once going on the motorway and realising it had no 6th gear also it was very sluggish, later when I checked online on a car check site it has come up as a 90 bhp Model Which is not a PD as they described.

28 minutes ago, RedBox said:

it said on the description it is re registered or imported,

17 minutes ago, RedBox said:

Even though it’s nothing as described by bca?

That's your answer. Its up to you to check before you buy. A quick look at the gear knob would of helped. 

They don’t even look the same the gt tdi has a sportier front grill sits on bigger alloys unless you standard car has been pimped just by looking at the car you should have twigged it was a standard tdi

It looks exactly as one, I’ve had a few now, even got the seats, but it is a 5 speed and non pd engine, thanks.

As above anyway, when they are re-registered or imported BCA just clarify that it’s up to the buyer to make their own conclusions about the spec, model etc. 

Thanks everyone for the Advice, I’ll ring them tomorrow to find out and if not I’ll have to take it as a lesson. Appreciate the fast responses.

9 hours ago, RedBox said:

It looks exactly as one, I’ve had a few now, even got the seats, but it is a 5 speed and non pd engine, thanks.

I wouldn't mention the PD part, before the newer 1.6/2.0 common rail engines, they were all PD engines, just with different power outputs.

It cant be a very expensive car surely? The 130 stopped on about a 53 plate.