Sign in to follow this  
MrV

Auction buyers....

32 minutes ago, trade vet said:

It helps if you are a retired auction centre manager.

Yep, my guy is ex staff

4 hours ago, c_cars said:

This is why I only had a few trusted dealers that I’d do it for.

Plus, the people you’re buying for would usually be too busy with other things hence the need for a buyer in the first place.

It's an interesting one. I'm sure I could earn £60 doing something else than standing in an auction hall for a couple of hours freezing my toes off. But it would have to be someone you trust implicitly I guess. And, has been said, finding the diamonds in the rough is half the fun.

Not convinced on online buying, bought one that was OK and as described but as we'd guessed mysteriously bid up to our max.  plus needed transporting, and had another one cancelled last minute due to undeclared write-off.

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

There is no way I would pay anyone to do the part of the job I enjoy the most and probably the bit I do best.

Plus everyone's opinions differs.

Perhaps there is a noise which is something small and cheap to repair but mr buyer thinks its something completely expensive...

6 hours ago, CCC said:

It's an interesting one. I'm sure I could earn £60 doing something else than standing in an auction hall for a couple of hours freezing my toes off. But it would have to be someone you trust implicitly I guess. And, has been said, finding the diamonds in the rough is half the fun.

Not convinced on online buying, bought one that was OK and as described but as we'd guessed mysteriously bid up to our max.  plus needed transporting, and had another one cancelled last minute due to undeclared write-off.

What gets me is this:

Hammer Price +

Buyers Fee +

Online Bidding Fee +

BCA Assured Fee +

Transport = Landed Cost

Has anyone considered offering an auction buying service to the general public? As horrific as it sounds, I'm seeing a few guys doing this regularly. One guy I've noticed (a regular face), has been dragging this posh couple around for weeks trying to buy a Gwagon. I assume you're paid by the hour?

1 minute ago, met said:

Has anyone considered offering an auction buying service to the general public? As horrific as it sounds, I'm seeing a few guys doing this regularly. One guy I've noticed (a regular face), has been dragging this posh couple around for weeks trying to buy a Gwagon. I assume you're paid by the hour?

That's what Chris @ Flipping cars does and very successfully 

7 hours ago, MrV said:

That's what Chris @ Flipping cars does and very successfully 

Yes, but to be fair he certainly wasn't the first.

14 hours ago, Mark101 said:

What gets me is this:

Hammer Price +

Buyers Fee +

Online Bidding Fee +

BCA Assured Fee +

Transport = Landed Cost

Exactly. Tried it once, never again.