Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Anyone up to speed on a 2005 BMW 6 series

7 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’ve got that feeling, especially with my boys being 4 & 5. 

wait till they get older, they're like punters, greedy and grasping and wanting everything for nothing, I'm just waiting for a call on NYD saying Xmas wasn't as described

30 minutes ago, met said:

Down here in the 'big smoke' Christmas is just another religious festival. I'm hoping I can get a kebab on Christmas day, or maybe a curry!:D

There is never a bad day for a kebab - if I wasn’t loved up it would be my full time diet.  Mind you, I am a fat bastard 

2 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

wait till they get older, they're like punters, greedy and grasping and wanting everything for nothing, I'm just waiting for a call on NYD saying Xmas wasn't as described

I always picture in my head, children are like a baby birds nest when the parent bird comes back with food and regurgitates it, they are all pecking out desperately demanding food. Except with children it’s continual... 

38 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I always picture in my head, children are like a baby birds nest when the parent bird comes back with food and regurgitates it, they are all pecking out desperately demanding food. Except with children it’s continual... 

Wait until they hit their twenties....

You started late and I started early - I am still not sure who got it right.

Edited by Mark101

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I don't think it really matters, I went years wanting children, then resigned myself to thinking it wouldn't happen, horrible divorse, lost loads of £, started over again and met a younger bird, (16 years younger, shes lucky) we've been together 10 years now, banged out two boys (within 11 months, 5 years ago) when I was 45, got married last year, spent loads of money last year and this year, now I need to make a future for the boys...... Oh and spend quality time with them, which is now my target. Time with my family.

26 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Yup. Agree. With girls anyway. Horrid scheming dramas. The boy was /is no trouble.

But yes,  it goes SO quick.  Before you know it they’ve left. 

23 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Yup. Agree. With girls anyway. Horrid scheming dramas. The boy was /is no trouble.

But yes,  it goes SO quick.  Before you know it they’ve left. 

when I look at the maths, I'll be 65 when they reach there twenty......  Will I see grand children......... ( not if they are like me they won't)

better to have loved, than.....................

I was 21 and 23 when I had my kids (girls).  I was divorced by 24 and saw my kids every other weekend for years, then suddenly - they both fell out with their mom (sorry, saw the light) and both came to live with me. They have cost me a fortune over the years (and I thought maintenance payments were high) but it was great, I got to do the fun stuff, first cars, driving lessons, getting pissed together, they became my best friends - something I didn’t think would happen.  I now have one grandson and my eldest daughter is due her first in April.

It was tough being so young with limited funds to support myself let alone kids as well but eventually everything does work out and I wouldn’t change it.

I have two (expensive) kids but I also have my own time to do whatever I like (or can afford) and a partner who is very supportive in business and life. 

Edited by Mark101

21 hours ago, Mark101 said:

There is never a bad day for a kebab - if I wasn’t loved up it would be my full time diet.  Mind you, I am a fat bastard 

I feel sorry for you younger guys, you are under as much pressure to 'look good' as the ladies. Fortunately I am nearly 60 and nobody cares!:D

19 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I was 21 and 23 when I had my kids (girls).  I was divorced by 24 and saw my kids every other weekend for years, then suddenly - they both fell out with their mom (sorry, saw the light) and both came to live with me. They have cost me a fortune over the years (and I thought maintenance payments were high) but it was great, I got to do the fun stuff, first cars, driving lessons, getting pissed together, they became my best friends - something I didn’t think would happen.  I now have one grandson and my eldest daughter is due her first in April.

It was tough being so young with limited funds to support myself let alone kids as well but eventually everything does work out and I wouldn’t change it.

I have two (expensive) kids but I also have my own time to do whatever I like (or can afford) and a partner who is very supportive in business and life. 

I'm twice divorced. I've been a single dad to my daughter for the last 10yrs. Her mother is now a terminal cancer patient and my daughter fell out with her monumentally a few years ago. I am in that weird position of on the one hand 'not giving a fuck', but also where my daughter is concerned 'giving a fuck' if you know what I mean. We lurch between various attempts at reconciliation a couple of times a year. It always ends badly. I pick up the pieces.

Im in Newcastle tomorrow with my eldest daughter, she's after the new Iphone for Xmas

2 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

Im in Newcastle tomorrow with my eldest daughter, she's after the new Iphone for Xmas

That’s OK,when the next one comes out,she can hand this one down to you.

Stuff Santa and his annual visit, I’ve just had to buy 2 iPhones for the kids. I’ve sold cars for less.

19 hours ago, BHM said:

Stuff Santa and his annual visit, I’ve just had to buy 2 iPhones for the kids. I’ve sold cars for less.

i'm feeling your pain, bag of sand for a phone

37 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

i'm feeling your pain, bag of sand for a phone

I blame the Kardashans,they are seen on Facecrap or Whatsup or whatever eating a brand of crisps and global crisp sales double.Another thing I have just heard about,is that it appears now commonplace for teens to convince themselves they suffer from  stress and depression ....probably so they can Twitter about it to their ‘social media ‘ friends. .......I do get annoyed very easily these days.