Sign in to follow this  
j4ck100

64 Plate Mondeo

Hi All,

Just had a customer PX a 64 plate Mondeo in with 7.9k on the clock , Titanium X fully loaded etc.

Thing is I am a pretty small dealer, and this thing has a massive load of my capital tied up in it, and I've never sold anything so close to being new before.

Would anyone recommend a quick way to dispose of this with maybe a few quid sweetener over what I paid for it ? Looking on AT it's only ford dealers and motorpoint that sell these nearly new mondeo's.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Jack

Hi Jack, Just because you've never sold at this price range doesn't mean you can sell it yourself , I do understand about big capital being tied up, couple of option I guess is ATM and see if you can get a sensible bid, call a couple of ford dealers or if you can afford to stand it in to stock market it cheaper than motorpoint / or ford dealers and you'll retail it quicker than them .

Good luck 

• Like 1

Hi Umesh.

Just read your post and the exact thoughts came to me, called about 10 ford dealers, some said already overstocked, some said maybe interested will call back and didn't, one said bring it down so we can appraise.. it's a brand new car for gods sakes! Got 2 bids on the phone, one for more than CAP, more than motorpoint are selling them for and about the same as i probably would have retailed it for!!! I guess this is because the main dealers have margin to play with...

All going well i'll be dropping it over to them this afternoon. One happy chap (hope i haven't spoken too soon!!)

Went swimmingly, took a while for the main dealer to pay up, some kind of miscommunication between sales and accounts.. More likely they wanted a few weeks credit!!

All paid now though, no hassle at all.

Jack