Sign in to follow this  
Dave2302

Servicing a V10 Touareg

FFS.................................. Parts Van just dropped off the Service bitties, I looked at the invoice ............................... 

11.5 litres of 0W30 Full Synthetic VW special VLL Engine Oil, ..............................

which, ..............................

wait for it, ..............................

Retails at £15.78 inc VAT per litre = £181.47 just for the Engine Oil :blink:

That's 2 monster big Servicing and Repairs Invoices this week :D , plus all the other jobs. Merc Engine Oil wasn't anywhere near as dear as VW Touareg mind.

Touareg also has Air Suspension Fault, poss Front Strut, haven't looked at it yet.

That's the retail from Factor, that's what billy gets charged ;)

Of course I didn't pay that  :D We have Euro and HMP also Dingbro (don't use Dingbro, robbers).

HMP are fine, can always get a good mark up on their stuff ;)

I do always use the specifically Specced Oils for these lumpy / newer Cars rather than a generic.

Most of the Garages here have 2 drums, 5W30 and 10W/40 that goes in everything, me, nah, don't do that shit !!

It's gonna be a good month, wil;l be having a 3-4 week Xmas this year :D

• Like 1

LOL, we're not on that Touareg yet, it's parked up and the bits are here, on lift later today, I also know it has an Air Susp fault, which I suspect may be a Front Air Strut.................

My Factor sent me a leaflet yesterday, they are now doing Arnott Reman ABC and Air Suspension components :)

They are real good quality and usually half price of Dealer, with a lifetime warranty.

And no I will not fit Chinese EBay, half that shit doesn't work outta the box and the rest is usually downright dangerous or breaks in a few miles ;)

27 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

And no I will not fit Chinese EBay, half that shit doesn't work outta the box and the rest is usually downright dangerous or breaks in a few miles ;)

Nothing wrong with Chinese parts  :) 

As long as it stops in China :) out of  our way :)