Sign in to follow this  
JimmyGlen

The £250/pm £20k Car Buyer

Afternoon Gents,

Has anyone else experienced £250/pm budget customers with expectations of being in a position to buy cars with a £20k value? We are getting loads of it just now.

I know the telly & radio full of brand new cars from 299pm (and less!), but its often the bog standard model, with no extras and with 3 upfront payments along with 8k pa mileage allowance. Problem is, the customers are only hearing the monthly payment and then expecting a used M135, Golf R etc to be cheaper. 

A lot of those headline deals at main dealers are on boggo models so then they get you in and for a grand down plus 25 a month more you get the SXI - S Line etc... it’s get you through the door stuff mainly.

They can’t do simple maths. Want 5 year hp with £0 deposit and expect a car for less than the total purchase price before interest. 

that being said with nice stock you can offer attractive pcp deals to suit cars with strong residuals and market them strongly.  

• Like 1

Got some of those here too 

£200 a month  for £15,995 motor over 60 months , no deposit , gave guy the calculator and he hadn't a clue 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Got some of those here too 

gave guy the calculator and he hadn't a clue 

Think that is the answer right there.. not a clue - never mind a pot

12 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Think that is the answer right there.. not a clue - never mind a pot

Sorry guys, head above the parapet but this is a business we are in, PCH, 3 up front then 23 months at £££ with 8k miles per year.

Has been a market changer with lots of private people swapping from older cars and PCP’s over the last couple of years but in reality the promotional offers have not really been as good this year.

One example 18 months ago was a new Golf GTI 5dr, £2000 down, £79.99 per month for two years then hand it back.  Restrictions are 8,000 miles per year and you need to add VAT but ideal for someone on monthly payments.

I think the Golf R promotion was the game changer as it was £500 down then £175 a month, hence all the Lapis blue basic Golf R’s in the block last year.  Sadly so many people live on this benchmark and no one can repeat it.

As a quick heads up, there are hundreds of year old Discovery Sport Black Editions coming off a one year promotion at the moment and they are heading south of £30k trade.

I was very close to becoming a Lapiz blue golf r owner, those deals were legendary. I went with a 435i vert instead. Lovely cars to look at those R’s. 

19 minutes ago, EPV said:

I went with a 435i vert instead. 

Right

19 minutes ago, EPV said:

Lovely cars to look at those R’s. 

Wrong

Pfff, what do you know, you’re from the midlands 

5 minutes ago, EPV said:

Pfff, what do you know, you’re from the midlands 

Arr Bostin lyke :P