Sign in to follow this  
MrV

I had my first "my mate will come and inspect it"

As you all know I'm rather new to this but already it annoys me the preconceptions people have about car dealers, rocking up at the door with the CRA15 saved on their phone expecting the car to be a shed and the dealer dodgier than a pikeys morals

44 minutes ago, MrV said:

As you all know I'm rather new to this but already it annoys me the preconceptions people have about car dealers, rocking up at the door with the CRA15 saved on their phone expecting the car to be a shed and the dealer dodgier than a pikeys morals

I've never had that, sold 60 cars this year. It could be your stock profile of course...

1 minute ago, EPV said:

I've never had that, sold 60 cars this year. It could be your stock profile of course...

Of course

And then we learn that the "It's had a full service sir" that is said to the prospective Billy actually means "If your lucky it got an Oil and Filter Change with Lidl oil" , or "it had a misfire so we changed one of the plugs" :P

:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just like there is some decent bunters out there there are also some right dodgy car dealers too, having both the workshop and sales I see both sides of the coin ;)

Car in here today, guy has had it 3 weeks, 150 miles, and 75 of them was driving it home from a well known Dealer in Inverness........................

PDI'd, Full 'B' Service, blah blah blah, yak yak yak, some very pretty and impressive looking paperwork bullshit mind !!

He's looking for a second opinion on a strange and nasty noise, absolutely fuck all oil in the Gearbox, box now shagged, drained less than a teacup full of silver shite out of it !!

Dealer is screaming wear and tear / abuse, incorrect driving technique, squirrel stuck up the exhaust etc etc etc, simply doesn't want to know, didn't even want to look at the Car !!

I also found new pads fitted in one side at front, and 4mm on the other side, different make, obviously the old ones, plus 2 absolutely hanging fucked lower swivels, yet it has fresh MOT !!

Yep really good dealer, twats like that gives us all a bad name :(

The guy wanted a written report from me, but I declined. I have said before, I don't get involved in that shite.

I simply advised him to call RAC and get it inspected by them, then recovered back and tell them to fix all issues properly, or refund him !!

\/ \/ \/ Exactly +1 ;) 

22 minutes ago, EPV said:

1 hour ago, MrV said:

Don't sell Vauxhall's, they attract the pond life. I dislike Vauxhalls with a vengence, infact I would rather drive any other make than a Vauxhall. If you are going to sell small cars, go for Civics, Jazz's, anything that doesn't attract penniless pricks........

• Like 1

OH BTW, I'm not having a pop at Benji in my last post there, just sayin' there's good and bad in all walks ;) 

Agree with AD, Vauxhall billies do seem to be arseholes !!

23 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

OH BTW, I'm not having a pop at Benji in my last post there, just sayin' there's good and bad in all walks ;) 

Agree with AD, Vauxhall billies do seem to be arseholes !!

I honestly think it all depends on area etc, so far I've done ok with them and no issues and the buyers have all been really nice

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Don't sell Vauxhall's, they attract the pond life. I dislike Vauxhalls with a vengence, infact I would rather drive any other make than a Vauxhall. If you are going to sell small cars, go for Civics, Jazz's, anything that doesn't attract penniless pricks........

True. Wise words. Even worse than German crap/Golf buyers. 

What have you bought Ben? Just one at a time or are you pushing the boat out? (Genuine interest. No sarcasm). 

1 hour ago, MrV said:

I honestly think it all depends on area etc, so far I've done ok with them and no issues and the buyers have all been really nice

Don’t count your chickens and do what AD says - buy small Japanese stuff if you’re adamant about doing small stuff.

Stratergising to sell small cars to first time drivers is a very brave move and you’re welcome to it.

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

True. Wise words. Even worse than German crap/Golf buyers. 

What have you bought Ben? Just one at a time or are you pushing the boat out? (Genuine interest. No sarcasm). 

So far Corsa's, fiesta, C1, Micra, Alto max ive had in stock is 3, I now know that as a doorstepper at this level, I'm nowhere near being able to call this a job

30 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Don’t count your chickens and do what AD says - buy small Japanese stuff if you’re adamant about doing small stuff.

Stratergising to sell small cars to first time drivers is a very brave move and you’re welcome to it.

Already planning on changing approach Mark, no more "only first cars"

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Intelligent people buy small Honda's, because they are the best. If Honda could wack a 300 bhp auto diesel into an estate I would buy it....

On 01/11/2018 at 0:45 PM, MrV said:

Sold an 09 Corsa Monday to a young local lad fresh out of passing his test and he bought his dad and his dad's mate with him who decided to give it a "good once over". This included revving it to redline, pulling on the stationary wheels to "check the bearings" and smelling the coolant to check if the head gasket had gone!

I just let him get on with it but it did make me wonder, what's the worst you guys have had to endure with the "buyers dad's super mechanic mate"?

first word is sold, thats what matters, but dont " just let him get on with it " because they wouldn't pay if they broke something, to be honest, youve done well if youve actually sold to them because at my spot these characters despite not being able to find anything wrong [ except there own head] usually walk ! so well done !