Sign in to follow this  
James01

Unit lighting

Morning everyone,

now that the dark afternoons are upon us I am going to start doing more viewings from inside my industrial unit. The problem is that the unit has some excellent led lights that make the cars look awful when beaming down on them full power! Similar to a car in the blazing sunshine.

For those with units or showrooms etc do you get this issue or does anyone have a suggestion to overcome this?

53 minutes ago, James01 said:

Morning everyone,

now that the dark afternoons are upon us I am going to start doing more viewings from inside my industrial unit. The problem is that the unit has some excellent led lights that make the cars look awful when beaming down on them full power! Similar to a car in the blazing sunshine.

For those with units or showrooms etc do you get this issue or does anyone have a suggestion to overcome this?

My unit has LED lighting and if anything it enhances the cars - they always look clean and with the cold white light bouncing off them they look stunning.

I do have a really high roof though.

I cant see how lighting could make a car look awful unless your on about highlighting holograms after a rushed polishing job.

5 hours ago, James01 said:

Morning everyone,

Are the lights too bright or is the paint a bit rough(Don't mean to be cheeky) and cars need prepping properly(Clay bar, buff etc)?

27 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

Are the lights too bright or is the paint a bit rough(Don't mean to be cheeky) and cars need prepping properly(Clay bar, buff etc)?

No it seems the lights are to bright as the light scratches cannot be seen in the natural light only when these lights are beaming down on them. There are 10 of them so produce a huge amount of light. 

9 minutes ago, twerp said:

Light diffuser ?

Excellent this is exactly the sort of thing I was after. 

Good painter / detailing man would be better IMHO ...................... you really can polish a turd :D

• Like 2

12 hours ago, James01 said:

Morning everyone,

James, did you get my previous message?