otbarker

Car Guru 'Freemium' service

Do people bother with Car Gurus because it is free or because it actually results in any sales?

What do we think of 'freemium' pricing models where you can get the very basis stuff unlimited but have to pay for all the necessary features. Or is it best to operate a basic/mid/premium package like ebay do?

Do a search on the forum mate there’s loads about this subject. 

car guru customers hardly ever answer the emails , if they do its whats your best price for this car .

waste of time in my view and i would never pay for their service 

Just me though .  

I have been on there Free service for 3 months and then they called letting me have the premium service for 2 weeks, Based on my experiences they must have a  very low market share for  people searching for cars, I am  and was disappointed but will continue with there free service

No quality in inquiry's so far, Single e-mail that gets a fast response from me but nothing  further at all it seems to be from the  customer

Sold the odd cheap car off there. Not anywhere near enough to justify paying but not none so I put the time into adding them on.

I certainly wouldn't consider paying for it even though they can be very persuasive on the upsell. I have had their full premium package on a free months trial and sold one car off it(the cost would have been £500 according to them). I get loads of emails that amount to nothing!

Have a 207 on cg at the mo. Have had 5 emails requesting info/test drive. Replied to all of them and got zero replies. Got the missus to make an enquiry on it and my reply went straight to her spam folder. I'll still advertise there as its free and I'm tight but if sites like car gurus want to establish themselves they need to allow phone numbers in the ads. Maybe then sell the ads cheap just to grow their customer base. Someone needs to challenge Autoraper.