Sign in to follow this  
MAP

Project Binky !!

Seeing as it’s soooo quiet everywhere, get on to YouTube and search for Project Binky!! Nick and Richard run an Engineering Company called Bad Obsession Motorsport in Shropshire, and are engineering geniuses! Project Binky is going to be the fastest Mini in the world!! They are putting the engine and 4wd drive system from a Celica GT4 into 1980’s Mini !! There’s 19 episodes and they’re still not finished, but if you’re interested in projects, this is a must watch! 

• Like 1

Been following it for years, takes them ages to put content out but good lord it's good!

Nice one, I love stuff like that :)

I currently still have a road legal fully prepped Special Stage Rally Car I scratch built a few years ago, a Ford Puma, 3.0 24 Valve BOB Cosworth V6 Engine and Cosworth 4X4 Running gear, the entire pic heavy build is on Puma People Forum ;) 

Started build in April 2010, finished in 

Sadly hasn't had much use the last 2+ years due to 2 terminal family illnesses, involving constant travelling up and down to Kent etc :(

Here:- http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100870&st=0

First Road test post #785, on 28th March 2012 here:-

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100870&st=780

Enjoy the looooooooooong story ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MAP said:

Seeing as it’s soooo quiet everywhere, get on to YouTube and search for Project Binky!! Nick and Richard run an Engineering Company called Bad Obsession Motorsport in Shropshire, and are engineering geniuses! Project Binky is going to be the fastest Mini in the world!! They are putting the engine and 4wd drive system from a Celica GT4 into 1980’s Mini !! There’s 19 episodes and they’re still not finished, but if you’re interested in projects, this is a must watch! 

Those youtube car channels are mostly awful. And everyone is either rebuilding copart scrap or blowing up their 'stangs! Our UK youtubers seem to be a little group of ex public school boys with trust funds.

4 hours ago, met said:

Those youtube car channels are mostly awful. And everyone is either rebuilding copart scrap or blowing up their 'stangs! Our UK youtubers seem to be a little group of ex public school boys with trust funds.

Yeah, I hear you met, but these guys are on another planet. I can't help but be amazed by their skills, unbelievable really how they fabricate, weld, grind etc. It's been 5 years since they started, but they are so accurate and don't cut corners. I'm constantly saying "wow"

I've been following it for ages. I think I'll be gutted once they finish it