Sign in to follow this  
Blenheim Car Sales

Guy wants me to deliver a car to Southampton Docks for Export

Guy calls me from Cyprus, Says he wants to buy my car ( Citroen C5 tdi) says it to be exported and he will pay me a deposit can i have your IBAN number, We do everything through e-mail and a 5 min call from Cyprus land line, He does indeed  pay me the 10% deposit on Iban bank transfer, 

Obviously i am not releasing the car until full funds are received, Am i missing something ?? do i have any extra risks that i am not thinking of or am i overthinking my position ??

1 minute ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

am i overthinking my position ??

A bit yes. A C5 HDI, wouldn't be worth huge money so just deliver it to the shipping company when you have all funds and that's all. Done deal. Also if you don't mind if you can pm me the details of the company as I have a customer from Cyprus (a friend) that wants a car from here but has no idea how to transport it. 

• Like 1

Yes i have done southern and northern Irish sales before and not thought anything of it, Sales have progressed smooth and followed same principle  of funds in bank before releasing vehicle. Thanks for your reassurance

I will PM the details of shipping company once i have them

16 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I will PM the details of shipping company once i have them

Many thanks!

This deal happened today, All funds in bank and i have no risk any more, He came to my place though from Cyprus today to view and pay for the car prior to arranging his shipping agent in Southampton, Question though

My Customer in Cyprus needs the English V5 in Cyprus when the boat docs his end at the end of the month, He needs this to clear customs his end and also prove the Vehicle ID and to prove he has imported it, Can i just send of the Log book to DVLA without putting any tax on it ???, He is using His name but his brothers UK address on the V5, He has an arrangement with brother to send on to him in Cyprus, Car is currently "in trade|"

secondly, having never exported a car there is a  part of the V5 that has a tear off for "Notification of permanent export" do i have to send it on this V5 or wait till the new V5 comes through ?? as i am guessing they will have different doc ref numbers

BCS, you are not exporting the vehicle, he is. Give him the full V5 and keep full records all of all correspondence and details :)  

52 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

This deal happened today, All funds in bank and i have no risk any more, He came to my place though from Cyprus today to view and pay for the car prior to arranging his shipping agent in Southampton, Question though

My Customer in Cyprus needs the English V5 in Cyprus when the boat docs his end at the end of the month, He needs this to clear customs his end and also prove the Vehicle ID and to prove he has imported it, Can i just send of the Log book to DVLA without putting any tax on it ???, He is using His name but his brothers UK address on the V5, He has an arrangement with brother to send on to him in Cyprus, Car is currently "in trade|"

secondly, having never exported a car there is a  part of the V5 that has a tear off for "Notification of permanent export" do i have to send it on this V5 or wait till the new V5 comes through ?? as i am guessing they will have different doc ref numbers

Why is he putting the car into another persons name? Just give him the full V5 and fill in the export part and send to dvla. Job Jobed.

Edited by Frazbomb
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Frazbomb said:

Why is he putting the car into another persons name? Just give him the full V5 and fill in the export part and send to dvla. Job Jobed.

No, only the actual “exporter” should complete that part. Read the back of the V5 for guidance. 

If I am wrong apologies upfront.

19 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

No, only the actual “exporter” should complete that part. Read the back of the V5 for guidance. 

that would mean giving away all the log book

you cant put it in trade either so i do believe you fill the export bit in,ive done it but i forgot what i did and still got a nip for when he drove it to the docks untaxed

i sent off a copy of my timed receipt to the men in big hats  and never heard another diddle

41 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Exported 100's of cars over the past 15yrs, mostly to southern Ireland and more recently France (nich market stuff that I know where to place). It's the way I've always done it and never had an issue.

I suppose as long as the car is in the trade, you could just hand the V5 as if passing to another trader (you'll have their details from the invoice incase it all goes Pete Tong) but I've always filled in the export part. Although to be fair I usually arrange the shipping and export this side, and rarely meet any foreign buyers. All docs get sent on in the post.

Edited by Frazbomb
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, boring dave said:

that would mean giving away all the log book

you cant put it in trade either so i do believe you fill the export bit in,ive done it but i forgot what i did and still got a nip for when he drove it to the docks untaxed

i sent off a copy of my timed receipt to the men in big hats  and never heard another diddle

The blue export section states right at the top in bold letters.

Only complete this ection if you are PERSONALLY exporting this vehicle..............

2 minutes ago, Frazbomb said:

Exported 100's of cars over the past 15yrs, mostly to southern Ireland and more recently France (nich market stuff that I know where to place). It's the way I've always done it and never had an issue.

TBF I suppose as long as the car is in the trade, you could just hand the V5 as if passing to another trader (you'll have their details from the invoice incase it all goes Pete Tong) but I've always filled in the export part. Although to be fair I usually arrange the shipping and export this side, and rarely meet any foreign buyers. All docs get sent on in the post.

Exactly, you are exporting it for the billy............ If you are NOT then don't.

I had 2 go to Cyprus last year. Take the money .

I look forward to them. Never going to have to worry about a comeback.