Sign in to follow this  
EPV

Dacia Breakers

Need a boot board for a 2014 Duster. Not a liner, the board that covers the spare wheel void. 

I don’t favour those parts gateway type websites, they seem to yield fuck all for me but prefer a good old fashioned breakers that I can ring and they can tell me there and then “yes we’re breaking one and yes I have the part”

I have an excellent one for Merc parts if anyone is interested, happy to share. 

6 minutes ago, EPV said:

Need a boot board for a 2014 Duster. Not a liner, the board that covers the spare wheel void. 

I don’t favour those parts gateway type websites, they seem to yield fuck all for me but prefer a good old fashioned breakers that I can ring and they can tell me there and then “yes we’re breaking one and yes I have the part”

I have an excellent one for Merc parts if anyone is interested, happy to share. 

Have you tried Dacia/Renault.  You might be surprised how inexpensive their parts departments are.  Failing that, make one out of thin ply.

4 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Have you tried Dacia/Renault.  You might be surprised how inexpensive their parts departments are.  Failing that, make one out of thin ply.

This isn’t changing rooms and i’m not handy Andy. 

I’ll try the main dealers mate, worth a go I didn’t think they’d stock them to be honest and thought it would be more mud flaps and rubber mats. Good thinking. 

Just now, EPV said:

This isn’t changing rooms and i’m not handy Andy. 

I’ll try the main dealers mate, worth a go I didn’t think they’d stock them to be honest and thought it would be more mud flaps and rubber mats. Good thinking. 

You're ex construction aren't you (like me) must know a few chippies (I know you like a kebab lol)

They probably will not stock it but more than likely next day.  I doubt there are many available at breakers yet or any that can be arsed to find a £10 bit of board.

I agree with you on the parts gateway stuff, they never return any results for me either (but we do have a few good breakers locally).

5 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

You're ex construction aren't you (like me) must know a few chippies (I know you like a kebab lol)

They probably will not stock it but more than likely next day.  I doubt there are many available at breakers yet or any that can be arsed to find a £10 bit of board.

I agree with you on the parts gateway stuff, they never return any results for me either (but we do have a few good breakers locally).

Yeah it’s £410 on a 5-10 back order. No thanks mr main dealer. 

I think i’ll look harder on eBay!

Yes i’m ex chippy but no longer have the tools or time. Plus i’m no carpet upholsterer and god knows how long it would take to get the materials together and do the thing. I’d rather politely bully a breaker into pulling one out and charging me £50

I thought you just wanted the circular piece of ply that goes under the boot carpet to stop it sinking into the spare wheel well.  I thought a main dealer would only charge about £30 for that.

Edited by Mark101

Sometimes a good way to get odd parts like this is type Dacia Duster Breaking into ebay

Normally loads will come up and you can just ring round them til you get the bit you want.

5 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I thought you just wanted the circular piece of ply that goes under the boot carpet to stop it sinking into the spare wheel well.  I thought a main dealer would only charge about £30 for that.

It’s all attached mate, one and the same. You know when you lift a boot liner up to look in the spare wheel well, most vehicles have a thin piece of carpet covered plastic/ply. One and the same thing. Carpet and sub material together  

Cheers SC, will do that now. 

6 minutes ago, EPV said:

It’s all attached mate, one and the same. You know when you lift a boot liner up to look in the spare wheel well, most vehicles have a thin piece of carpet covered plastic/ply. One and the same thing. Carpet and sub material together  

Cheers SC, will do that now. 

I bet you can get a thin sheet of ply.

I bet you can also get a lovely boot floor mat.

You can probably also get a lovely rubber easy to clean boot floor rubber protector.

job done. 

Just now, Rory RSC said:

You can probably also get a lovely rubber easy to clean boot floor rubber protector.

job done. 

The ply will warp at some point. 

The boot liner needs to be attached to the ply. 

The whole thing needs to be “hinged” or at least folding. 

I love a cheap fix at the best of times but this has all the hallmarks of £75 spend and a day cursing my life. 

6 minutes ago, EPV said:

The ply will warp at some point. 

The boot liner needs to be attached to the ply. 

The whole thing needs to be “hinged” or at least folding. 

I love a cheap fix at the best of times but this has all the hallmarks of £75 spend and a day cursing my life. 

Try one of the online parts suppliers who are scrapping if nothing on ebay,24/7 parts is one.. use a old email as they will load you up quotes but you should get the correct item them. Had some good success places as you usually only get replies from people who have the car youre looking for! Try Parts Gateway too..;) 

Edited by Area 51

25 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

job done.

This was my exact line of thinking. 

Buy a couple of accessories on ebay and something from a DIY store and "over-engineer" a solution. 

some of these parts finders used to be in business purely to harvest genuine email addresses i got sick of hundreds of spam 

i wont use them anymore

its ebay or no way

• Like 1