Sign in to follow this  
friar

Cheap card processing?

Try to avoid taking cards.and have Pay Pal Here card reader, which is brilliant, except for cost.2.7%.

The other new style card readers,Sum Up,I Zettle,etc don't want car dealers, we are like Adult services, a no no.

Thinking of joining established Barclays or Llloyds,but they charge fee monthly.

Any one using no monthly fee card reader?

Stick to bacs or cash, no fees then! Never had anyone complain.

Edited by Mikey360
  • Like 1

Don’t discount the big boys we use Barclays and they offer some great freebies, 

free hokiday insurance handy as I go away a lot 

discounted house insurance 

free mobile phone insurance up to three devices, handy this year as my son lost his iPhone and I cracked my screen far to many times.

all adds up our service charge is only £14.99 a month plus vat we covered that with the holiday insurance already 

I use IZettle - pay 1.75% of transaction value but no monthly charges.  Hardware was around a ton I think.  Plus it is completely remote (I haven’t used this function yet), you can take it anywhere you have a 3G signal.

Stripe. 1.4%. 

I talk people out of it where I can. 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Stripe. 1.4%. 

I talk people out of it where I can. 

Hello EPV,

Do you use an app on phone,(Which one) or a card reader please?

1 hour ago, friar said:

Hello EPV,

Do you use an app on phone,(Which one) or a card reader please?

I have an app. I can also email an invoice to someone that has a digital click button that takes them to an online payment page. 

If your going to take cards physically izettle is one of the cheapest processors around, if digitally you can only use stripe by sending an invoice to the buyer as I may be wrong but stripe don't sell a card reader

6 minutes ago, MrV said:

If your going to take cards physically izettle is one of the cheapest processors around, if digitally you can only use stripe by sending an invoice to the buyer as I may be wrong but stripe don't sell a card reader

They do. 

Just now, EPV said:

They do. 

Ah OK, any idea on their deposit time? 

9 minutes ago, MrV said:

Ah OK, any idea on their deposit time? 

Too long I think, part of the reason I have nothing to do with it even though I have an account. 

I asked I Zettle,they didn't want car dealer!

Booooh!!

Just now, friar said:

Booooh!!

I repeat transfer is FREE, why give your profit away ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, friar said:

Booooh!!

Really? I signed up with them a couple years back, never had an issue. 

Eventually moved to payzone getting a proper terminal with a SIM card. 

Yes it’s more money per month but very low fees and so much more professional. No more waiting for Bank transfers to clear. Particularly when a customer wants to collect at 8pm and their payment going into security! 

Why to all of you who take cards? Why ? If you sell 100 cars a year how much does it cost you annually for a card payment facility .

Transfers are free...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Why use Q a dacility

Why use a card machine ? It costs you money.......  TRANSFER IS FREE ! 

What about those who aren't quite so au fait with technology and you're pushing for a deposit on the phone?

Worth taking a £2.00 hit on card charges or is that not a problem with your buyers?

1 hour ago, twerp said:

What about those who aren't quite so au fait with technology and you're pushing for a deposit on the phone?

Worth taking a £2.00 hit on card charges or is that not a problem with your buyers?

Can use a card but can’t use internet banking? Now that’s a creature so rare that you wouldn’t be concerned about. 

51 minutes ago, EPV said:

Can use a card but can’t use internet banking? Now that’s a creature so rare that you wouldn’t be concerned about. 

There are a lot of people who show you their card, but couldn't do a transfer, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Use a card machine to close a deal all day long. If they say they will do a deposit when they get home you won’t see them again.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, friar said:

There are a lot of people who show you their card, but couldn't do a transfer, in my opinion.

Sorry I don’t believe that. Yes there will be the odd one but I can’t believe there are enough to worry about. 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Absolutely loads in my experience.

23 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Use a card machine to close a deal all day long. If they say they will do a deposit when they get home you won’t see them again.

Exactly

30 minutes ago, friar said:

Truth

10 hours ago, twerp said:

I can honestly say I have never had any issues :)