Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Phone from dead to crazy.

Must of had 7-8 calls today, more than the last fortnight put together - first weekend after the school holidays. Only 1 away today but a fair amount of viewings, calls, walk ons etc. Looking forward to the rest of the month if it carries on at this rate :)

Standard stuff in my limited experience. Feast or famine. Hope you get a few away over the next few days. 

31 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Must of had 7-8 calls today, more than the last fortnight put together - first weekend after the school holidays. Only 1 away today but a fair amount of viewings, calls, walk ons etc. Looking forward to the rest of the month if it carries on at this rate :)

Hate to say it grant, but I sold my 3008 today lol 

Great news! It's a real test of nerves sometimes in this business.
Gritting teeth and praying for a turnaround here too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Del Boy said:

he who waits rodders

he who waits

1eiE.gif

13 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Haha, ive had someone all over mine since Friday. And another guy just came in and I gave him a finance quote on it - Hopefully original guy coming down today to test drive and take the beast away.

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Haha, ive had someone all over mine since Friday. And another guy just came in and I gave him a finance quote on it - Hopefully original guy coming down today to test drive and take the beast away.

Good luck grant, let us know! As I say, I’m not far from you and noticed a considerable increase since Friday. 

Crap here and so are most of the other garages/valeters/workshops from what I can tell.

Still I'm full of stock, so await the rush - no panic here.

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Crap here and so are most of the other garages/valeters/workshops from what I can tell.

Still I'm full of stock, so await the rush - no panic here.

How’s the new premises looking? 

Just now, EPV said:

How’s the new premises looking? 

Don't ask, I will update you tomorrow night.  There's things a happening 

1 hour ago, Del Boy said:

Good luck grant, let us know! As I say, I’m not far from you and noticed a considerable increase since Friday. 

Suddenly I’m having a great month - 12 plate fiesta auto gone, now the 3008 gone on finance as well lol. Who would of wrote it. Just for the record 3008 are good news ;) 

The 3008 semi auto that we sold last week is now, as I write, on the M1 heading back from Harlow to the East Midlands...!! The really nice people that bought it have been experiencing        intermittent difficulty in getting the damn thing to select gears.. Auto electrician that we sent out couldn't work out what was wrong, so we arranged to unwind the Zuto deal, pick it up and bring it back. Once it's selected a gear it drives sweet,..Peugwoe I'm calling it.. :wacko:

56 minutes ago, Tim H said:

The 3008 semi auto that we sold last week is now, as I write, on the M1 heading back from Harlow to the East Midlands...!! The really nice people that bought it have been experiencing        intermittent difficulty in getting the damn thing to select gears.. Auto electrician that we sent out couldn't work out what was wrong, so we arranged to unwind the Zuto deal, pick it up and bring it back. Once it's selected a gear it drives sweet,..Peugwoe I'm calling it.. :wacko:

i am sorry to hear that, for the record, i will not be buying another :)

59 minutes ago, Tim H said:

auto electricians..... all they seem to do is take a wild guess, and charge you £60 for the pleasure of telling you what it could be. and not exactly what it is.

14 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

i am sorry to hear that, for the record, i will not be buying another :)

auto electricians..... all they seem to do is take a wild guess, and charge you £60 for the pleasure of telling you what it could be. and not exactly what it is.

I think you’ve not found a good one yet mate!  

This was a diesel with 80k, it went so quick I bought another....now Ive got two..

In fairness to the auto electrician he did try.. he sent me loads of diagnostic photo's, rang me a few times with updates on his progress, eventually telling me it was stuck in gear, wouldn't start or move. The thing is 10 minutes after taking the key out, locking it and letting it power down, everything is ok and driveable.. Anyhow it's back here now, 1hour and 40 mins of trouble free until tomorrow  !!! 

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Exciting..

5 hours ago, Mark101 said:

good things i hope

4 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Just for the record 3008 are good news

To the several garages that do our mechanical and electrical work they might well be :-)

19 hours ago, Tim H said:

It will be the gearbox actuater. They lose pressure, once pressure is built up in them it will be fine, leave it to stand and it's back to square one. Really common problem, about £200 of the bay and as couple of hours labour.

Anyway, they are clearly good news in white. One has just made the best part of a grand over CC in brighouse.

3 hours ago, Tim H said:

Thanks Sparky,that's really helpful information.

Appreciated

No worries mate.