Maz

List of Autotrader alternatives

Hi Guys,

New to this forum, I'm a used car dealer in Newcastle considering dropping AT..... Just sick of the big bills!

I plan to split my budget between as many advertisers as possible, would like a list of who to advertise with!

I currently advertise on:

Autotrader

Ebay motors pro

Gumtree

Aware of and have advertised with in the past:

Motors

AACar

Pistonheads

Who am I missing?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hey Maz!

Welcome to the forum

We dropped AT two years ago , sick of the price increases and the lack of value for money, so good on ya!

Motors incorporate a large number of other websites, inc Sunmotors , driving.co.uk car site, village autos etc but some of the smaller ones you may not know about.....

Carcliq , FindsYouCars.com , carbuyingadvisor , compucars, there are loads more! Most do some type of trial offer , best of luck

Jim

Just out of interest, when looking at the various advertising platforms available in the market - do you look at PPC, R.O.I.or overall monthly cost - maybe broken down on a per sold vehicle? Is it sometimes the case, that you are investing into the same audience of consumer?

From my early days in the 'trade', is one platform more relevant for your stock profile than another or can one fit all?? 

Hi Maz, welcome & great move to jump ship as many of us have! We dropped A.T. approx 4 months ago and are doing as good , if not better without that big greedy bill! Good luck!

Just out of interest, when looking at the various advertising platforms available in the market - do you look at PPC, R.O.I.or overall monthly cost - maybe broken down on a per sold vehicle? Is it sometimes the case, that you are investing into the same audience of consumer?

From my early days in the 'trade', is one platform more relevant for your stock profile than another or can one fit all?? 

There's probably a great deal of merit in the analysis that you suggest, Philip, but, to be honest mate, my working day consists of:

Check emails

take & make phone calls

Buy cars

Expose cars to danger of sale (ie prep 'em & advertise 'em)

sell cars

go home

drink beer & watch football

rinse & repeat

I'm not sure there's enough hours in the day that can be spared for non-productive number crunching, however beneficial it may appear. I just get a feel for what works and what doesn't.

Not very scientific, but the bills get paid.

• Like 1

So many platforms, which or which ones do you choose - a difficult decision and its trial and error in some respect , you have to see what suits YOUR business - think we've all tried them all - but in the end it all boils down to who gives the best ROI , Its as simple as that. 

If only it were as simple as that! ROI is the analysis used to ensure it is helping you sell more cars AND make more money,however there is the small issues of overallcost,morals and values.

As an industry we have been brainwashed into think we cannot do without AT,they tell us they can't reduce the price per car per week yet today we see them up for sale for an extortionate amount of money,and guess what,we have put them there!

It would be great to know that you only had one ,trusted route to market that you knew would sell more cars profitably for you,but that is at a cost to us the dealers!

The cost to advertise one car per week 12 years ago when I started was £1,today the cost would be about £15, so has my profit on that sane car now 15x,s more?? NO ITS NOT!

Now that's what I call analysis or an extreme shift in ROI.