Sign in to follow this  
P118

AUTOTRADER ADVISEMENT

I've not read the above posts as there is a lot so sorry if this has been said, our research is showing that people are visiting our website ad's across various platforms and then physically visiting without appointments or web form enquiries, lot's of stats on various publications about this on various industries so be mindful of that too.

28 minutes ago, BHM said:

Price it properly. I could say wtf sort of price is £1525 - surely you mean £1495 or £1500? - although tbh a 13yr old Meriva at that money! You’re certainly optimistic, the old heap of shit wants the ONE taken off the front of the price - I CANNOT BELIEVE ANYONE IS SURPRISED BY THE LACK OF INTEREST AT THAT RIDICULOUS PRICE.

Forget ‘easytronic’, overwrite the title with ‘automatic’ and SORT OUT THE CORRECT ENGINE SIZE.

Forget rephotoing it, describe it correctly, price it correctly then it’ll sell cos when it’s at CORRECT money it’ll sell to the bottom dollar market & they don’t give a f*** about photo quality.

Honestly, I’d £495 the heap of shit.

Noting the lack of response from the OP - I'm thinking we've lost him/her, however I'm bored waiting for a punter to come back off a demo (standard boring Golf customer worried about fuel economy on a 1.4 Golf- yawn!) so I'll chuck a couple more pennies-worth in:

As much as BHM is utterly awesome and is the favorite contributor to this forum for many of us, with his straight talking and often straight-shooting- you have two choices:

Do nothing, sell it for peanuts and move on.  Or get it to a retail standard, re-photo and get the info correct!  His advice about advertising it as an auto is spot on. New MOT a must as has also been suggested.

I would go for option two, and look to sell it to an older person for good money myself if you can be bothered to prepare it correctly.

If I was unlucky enough to have it on my site  (it's unlikely it would be, and I'd give no more than £495 in px for it), it would be £1995 I think- but we are a bit different here on the south coast and small autos under two grand usually go quickly and are hard to find at retail establishments.

10 minutes ago, williamblackshaw said:

I've not read the above posts as there is a lot so sorry if this has been said, our research is showing that people are visiting our website ad's across various platforms and then physically visiting without appointments or web form enquiries, lot's of stats on various publications about this on various industries so be mindful of that too.

Weird, we rarely get any walk-ons. It's 95% emails or calls first.  We're main road too.  Even the local people call us to say they've either seen it online or driving past.

If you are going to include a shot under the bonnet, give it a rinse/wipe... looks uncared for and suited to the shitter title offered above.. therefore, just shift it at cost and move on.. and away from the pink portabog... next you will be getting advice to spray the doors/roof on the shithouse black to contrast the silver motor

Edited by Area 51

ive done you an advert

+++++++++++++Auto auto auto++++++++++++++

++++ 52,144 miles only++++

very clean hard to find Vauxhall Meriva with the semi automatic shift (easy to drive plus can be driven on an automatic licence ) full new mot on deposit of £100, current mot through to december,drives absolutely superb and has 8 stamps in the service book,very very clean throughout with all good tyres,only 1600cc petrol so low insurance,any possible trial is more than welcome and the car is open to any inspection ,p/x considered ,please phone before travelling far., you will not be disappointed.

extras include

iN-CAR ENTERTAINMENT, FRONT ELECTRIC WINDOWS ,Stardust silver metallic paintwork, ABS, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Audio Remote Control, Body Coloured Bumpers, Drivers Airbag, Electric Door Mirrors, Folding Rear Seats, Front Electric Windows, Heated Door Mirrors, Height Adjustable Drivers Seat, Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Power Steering, Radio/CD, Remote Central Locking, Service Indicator, Steering Wheel Rake Adjustment, Trip Computer

Thanks for the advert mrs maybe :) 

Thanks for all the replies i will be getting it retail ready

it has opened my eyes to how much mistakes i am making thanks 

• Like 1

Put the easytragic gearbox in the portaloo whilst its there because they are shite. 

The harlequin paint wont help, delete the photos where it shows the most. i.e nsr quarter. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

Put the easytragic gearbox in the portaloo whilst its there because they are shite. 

The harlequin paint wont help, delete the photos where it shows the most. i.e nsr quarter. 

ns front door looks like its had a squirt to me 

but hay

its 13 year old

question from customer

has it had any paint?????????????

me ...........yes sir it was painted in the factory when built thats why its red:P

18 minutes ago, mrs maybe said:

ns front door looks like its had a squirt to me 

but hay

its 13 year old

question from customer

has it had any paint?????????????

me ...........yes sir it was painted in the factory when built thats why its red:P

Its a 13 year old car mr customer, in excellent cosmetic condition, of course it’s had paint. I can show you a 12 year old car that has a dent and scrape in every panel, would you prefer a more original car?

TIP: If you’ve got a punter ball-aching over whether or not an old knacker has had paint just move on. Anyone that fussy/ignorant is to be ignored.

4 hours ago, BHM said:

TIP: If you’ve got a punter ball-aching over whether or not an old knacker has had paint just move on. Anyone that fussy/ignorant is to be ignored.

No I prefer to take the p__s because customers can't have it all the way we are in control pal now jog off. See its easy to say that if you don't mind face abrasions:lol:

On 01/08/2018 at 10:20 PM, mrs maybe said:

benji is dead

all hail benji

The blood is still warm that corses through my veins 

14 minutes ago, MrV said:

Full of steroids

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Full of steroids

Still acting like a child are we big boy? 

On 01/08/2018 at 10:20 PM, mrs maybe said:

benji is dead

all hail benji