Hi all, just wondering how you guys go about removing locking wheel nuts when there is no key or if its been damaged?

We currently have a BMW in that we can't remove the locking wheel nuts. Even our local garage was unable to get them off.

Never had a set beat us yet, we have several different removal devices plus the normal MASSIVE hammers welders ect 

Just hit them harder :rolleyes:

There was a thread on here the other day about this. A chap who has absolutely nothing to do with a firm who offers this service was saying how great the firm was. He has nothing to do with the firm of course. 

The guy 2 shops down from you not get them off? I heard he was pretty good 

9 minutes ago, Reggaj said:

The guy 2 shops down from you not get them off? I heard he was pretty good 

He's gone off on holiday unfortunately and i need the wheels refurbed this week as i have a buyer lined up for it. I took it to our local garage who normally does all of our service work but they couldn't remove them. 

3 minutes ago, tradex said:

tack weld nuts to them, job done.

FFS it ain't rocket science.....maybe rocket science is old school now and should be replaced with something else though?

I've got a welding shop down the road from me that does body work. I'll swing it by them and see if they can sort it for me. Thank you

Get yourself a dynomec locking wheel nut removal set.. or if the wheels are getting refurbed then a bit of heat on the hub and a 22mm socket over the locker.

6 minutes ago, Reggaj said:

Get yourself a dynomec locking wheel nut removal set.. or if the wheels are getting refurbed then a bit of heat on the hub and a 22mm socket over the locker.

I just had a look at the video for one of these tools, seems like a pretty good design. I might have to invest in one of these, would probably save us a bit of money! Thanks bud!

The trouble is everyone is obsessed about not making any cosmetic damage to the wheel. The wheel of a secondhand car! Who honestly gives a f***? Just smack away with the hammer & chisel - in the furniture trade a few chunks missing is called patina :lol:

4 minutes ago, BHM said:

patina :lol:

I use “character”....

As we get older we all gain more “character” 

normally BMW have master sets in the parts dept., they have two designs of locking wheel nuts and each design has about 15 pattens, if you go there they'll bring the set out, try it one by one on the car and you can buy the the one that fits for about a tenner

On 27/07/2018 at 7:02 AM, BHM said:

Just smack away with the hammer & chisel -

FFS, never ever had to use that method !!