colacharlie

Which price guide is best?

12 hours ago, twerp said:

Prob addimg all the duplicates on ebay/motors

be about right...twerp  ;)

22 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

The thing is a guide is just a guide. I'm for Retail Back, simply research comparative motors within 100 miles then work out your margin.  

Absolutely, and if you have time to do that it's great, I could look at cars all day, however if you want this to be automated and done very thoroughly in seconds, with extra tools like days to sale, stocking deprecation, specification and conditional difference, you know where to come :)

22 hours ago, EPV said:

Any particular reason you can’t answer my question? 

Apologies EPV, We cant give all of our secrets away on an open forum, competitors are already trying to copy us!

19 hours ago, SuperLease said:

Are you saying 600-800k unique vehicles in the market at any one time? That seems like a lot. The most I’ve ever seen on Autotrader is about 480k and there probably not all unique. Which sites are you getting all this data from then? Free trial or not I think these are fair questions as you’ll want paying at some point right?

Yes for sure, like you say, auto trader lists 480k, think of all the dealers on this forum alone that only advertise a % on AT, or none at all, and all the main dealer approved used stock that isn't listed....

Yeah, righto. As if any of your “competitors” wanting to copy you would scratch their heads and wonder “if we wanted to know how much cars are up for sale for online, where should we look?”

14 hours ago, Kieran @ Cazana said:

Absolutely, and if you have time to do that it's great, I could look at cars all day, however if you want this to be automated and done very thoroughly in seconds, with extra tools like days to sale, stocking deprecation, specification and conditional difference, you know where to come :)

Apologies EPV, We cant give all of our secrets away on an open forum, competitors are already trying to copy us!

Yes for sure, like you say, auto trader lists 480k, think of all the dealers on this forum alone that only advertise a % on AT, or none at all, and all the main dealer approved used stock that isn't listed....

How much is it after the free trial please?

31 minutes ago, tradex said:

I still think the best price guide sits under my scalp, we haven't used a price guide for as long I can remember and never struggled.

Plus one here. The free ones and your brain are perfectly fine 

As in all things in life the guides work for some and not others we buy the same stock day in day out, we know what they sell for what cost to repair / paint and warranty

If i was to go off scheme and start buying up in the year what ever with different specs engines ect i wouldnt have a clue where to start and would need a guide. 

As it is I just walk into the block inspect a car and know what i need to get it for sometimes its a little under sometimes a little over depending on stock levels i play that game.

On 17/07/2018 at 8:42 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Yes, but us knows nothing of true sale price. It’s fundamentally flawed. 

Exactly right - I often increase the price of my cars for various reasons, it doesn’t mean that’s the price I ended up with, just the price I closed the advert off at - irrelevant.