Sign in to follow this  
LINGsCARS

RE: 70mph motorway speed limit means 70mph from now on

Clearly this story is rubbish, to anyone reading it with half an active brain cell.

If... "In the two months they have been operating on the M25 in Kent, they [CAMERAS] have caught almost 700 motorists" ...then the cameras are clearly not set to catch anyone "exceeding just 70mph".

So the headline is nonsense too. It's all nonsense.

Obviously, the cameras are set to a far higher speed if they caught just 700 people in amongst the MILLIONS who passed them "only just exceeding 70mph". I'd hazard a guess they are set no differently to every other speed camera.

It's common sense, not rocket science. You are being outraged unnecessarily, Mr Channon.

... So, please stop writing and headlining (La Baggot) this utter nonsense and made up shyte. If this is the Editor's standard, God help us. Insha'Allah.

Ta.

Juis suis Ling.

Ling

LINGsCARS

What about the variable speed limits on the Heathrow section of M25, weren't they supposed to have active camers now?

Hi Ling, glad you like my story....  :)

The Highways Agency has said the cameras will nab motorists going just over the speed limit. It's taking no notice of the chief police officers' recommendations that drivers should not be prosecuted unless they travelling at ten per cent over the limit, plus 2mph.

And Metcars, you're right - there are extra cameras all along the M25. When we see those flashing signs telling us there's a speed restriction of, say, 60mph or 50mph and we can't see why, the cameras will be calibrated to the new limit - and motorists travelling over that will be zapped.

I'm still outraged, Ling. I think these cameras are all about collecting money, and not about safety and saving lives. Motorways are still our safest roads.