What’s your postcode?

Do you have any no claims?

How old are you?

Any penalty points?

What sort of stock value?

You could answer all these questions and I still couldn’t tell you and neither could anyone else. You need an insurance broker. Oh and the DVLA website will tell you the fees for trade plates. 

You need to ring around and get quotes based on the business that you are looking to run. Too many variables to give you a general price. 

However, to give you an idea, my insurance went from ~1500 odd in Portsmouth to ~3500 odd in London using the same company and info. I am 26, no points or claims, no restrictions engine size or insurance group (too many companies would be receptive, then balk at my group 20 Merc) and am operating from home with a 15k stock limit.

Edited by Worldboss

dvla website for trade plates pricing

Google search trade insurance and get quotes using one of the many brokers that will come up

On 16/07/2018 at 5:30 PM, Shamrock motor company. said:

Hi guys 

What kind of money can I expect to pay for dealer insurance and plates ?

I'm a total novice, be gentle please.. James 

insurance is normally six potatoes, if youve got points on your licence they may want another king edward or two.

trade plates are normally 3 clover leafs and a sprag of lucky heather. hope that helps .

On 28/07/2018 at 1:59 PM, have a word with the wife said:

insurance is normally six potatoes, if youve got points on your licence they may want another king edward or two.

trade plates are normally 3 clover leafs and a sprag of lucky heather. hope that helps .

you forgot the 3 heil marys:angry: