Sign in to follow this  
EPV

Project Cars/Adding Value?

What are people’s thoughts about this?

What I mean is, who looks out for nigh retail ready pieces and goes after them for strong money and looks to turn them quick and who buys stuff that will sell well but only when fixed (getting it cheap as few want the aggro of fixing it)

12 minutes ago, EPV said:

who buys stuff that will sell well but only when fixed

Me. 

Engine lights on some models, kerbed alloys, scratches on bumpers, dents on doors and small rips on leather seats my favourite fixes which devalue the cars by A LOT at auction but take me only a couple of extra days to get ready (and I add even more value in the process such as changing the colour on the wheels for example). 

I'll take a two-three day delay in getting a car to market if I can buy it for or under CAP Below over one that will go to market a couple of days faster but cost ££££ over CAP Clean. 

At the end of last month my phones went absolutely crazy for this 65 reg Abarth I bought £1K below CAP Clean only because the EML was on. It was an O2 sensor but it didn't matter because the car is still under the manufacturer's warranty so it cost me £0 to fix it. Being collected by the new owner on Sat. 

NMK_2975.jpg

Edited by Nick M.K.

This one came with absolute battered black alloys, looked horrendous, now looks great in great in cream (Although my wife still thinks it looks terrible).......had loads of interest but the sky high mileage of 97k miles is putting everyone off! I like scuffed alloys, dinks, bumper scuffs, anything I can do in house with little spend, mechanics don’t bother me if it’s a clutch, eml if it’s not on a chain or dodgy diesel and cheapish gearbox replacements.

14 minutes ago, david gott said:

This one came with absolute battered black alloys, looked horrendous, now looks great in great in cream (Although my wife still thinks it looks terrible).......had loads of interest but the sky high mileage of 97k miles is putting everyone off! I like scuffed alloys, dinks, bumper scuffs, anything I can do in house with little spend, mechanics don’t bother me if it’s a clutch, eml if it’s not on a chain or dodgy diesel and cheapish gearbox replacements.

How do you put a picture in here? Tried copy and pasting but didn’t work

you need drop box etc David. I usually have a couple of rough ones getting fixed

I was tempted this week by a mint 14' XF Portfolio 3.0 S that was 14.5k CapClean but sold for 8k cause the engine was knocking

Body was mint. Could have had an engine fitted for 1500

7 hours ago, david gott said:

It took me ages to work out aswell. The picture has to be posted online, you then copy the url link and paste. 

I try and mix it up but in short do both, this week I bought an out of the box fiesta to go with it a keyed all up one side and smashed in bumper Corsa

Profit wise i will make more pound notes on the Corsa but it will take a while to get ready. 

11 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

At the end of last month my phones went absolutely crazy for this 65 reg Abarth I bought £1K below CAP Clean only because the EML was on. It was an O2 sensor but it didn't matter because the car is still under the manufacturer's warranty so it cost me £0 to fix it. Being collected by the new owner on Sat. 

NMK_2975.jpg

Like.

Same - bought a Scirocco with manufacturer warranty recently - condition report said gearchange loose or something to that effect. Car came in well under priced and I thought I would just take it into VW. Drives absolutely fine nothing wrong with the manual change. 

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

David (quoted you from Simon's earlier answer),

I export the picture file to my desktop and while exporting I reduce the image size and jpeg quality to go under the 0.68 MB file limit. Then just attach it as normal.